• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bridgewater Experiment... your thoughts

mc52beast

Has he even shown flashes? I don’t really think so. His biggest strength coming into this season was supposed to be game management and ball protection. That wound up being one of his biggest weaknesses. He’s just not a good QB in any way, shape or form at this point. Great dude and would be a solid mentor to a rookie QB, but nothing about his play on the field this season was a positive.

Showed promise when the season started then I dont know what the fug happened. I have never seen a QB regress that quickly. I thought maybe it was lack of time to get with his new coach and WRs but his confidence was so eroded it was like watching the captain of the science club asking the cheerleaders captain to prom. I dont think he can recover at this point. 

24 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Now that year one of having Teddy at QB is in the books what are your thoughts on his future in Charlotte? While he has shown flashes he has also shown multiple reasons why the organization could be taking a QB in 2021.

Do we give him a pass due to CMC being out, for  Brady being in his first year as an actual play-caller, for the lack of a legit TE and a questionable o-line?

Not giving him a pass.

I feel like I was pretty fair minded towards Teddy. I was neither completely sold on him going into the season nor completely against him. I was willing to see what he could do here. I am now firmly of the opinion he should not be our long term starter.  He throws too many checkdowns that don't give the play a chance to succeed and he throws too many interceptions for a qb who rarely takes chances. I think with the weapons around him he should have produced more wins. His late game performance screams career backup.

I really hope we can draft a young qb without giving away the farm because I feel like if the Oline gets fixed this could be an extremely potent offense with the right QB at the helm. I just don't think that QB is on the team yet.

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy is not the guy to get us to where we want to be. Both Rhule and Tepper have made comments in recent weeks leading me to believe they see this too.

That could have been to light a fire in bridgewater to burn off all that nyquil he drinks pregame.

How does anyone recount a season of below average performance and, in the same sentence, tell us he should be a mentor. There's no way anyone can allow a below average performer serve as a role model, set an example and teach. If you do, expect nothing more than below average performance from the next guy.

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

How does anyone recount a season of below average performance and, in the same sentence, tell us he should be a mentor. There's no way anyone can allow a below average performer serve as a role model, set an example and teach. If you do, expect nothing more than below average performance from the next guy.

I understand that a lot of fans are emotional rn, especially with a disappointing finish, but performance skill != teaching skill.

Archived