• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even Texans players are telling Deshaun Watson to get the hell out of Houston

Zod

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

If - and it certainly looks to be the case - Watson does want out and the Texans will essentially be forced into trading him, this is a once in a generation opportunity to land a young proven franchise QB in his prime via trade.

I don't see how the Panthers - and likely many other teams - don't jump at this chance.

The Panthers can't afford to get into that bidding war.  This team needs the picks more.  We would just be the Texans east.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

The Panthers can't afford to get into that bidding war.  This team needs the picks more.  We would just be the Texans east.

The picks? So we can draft 1 above average player, a couple backups, and a few others that won't be with the team in 2 years time? I'm sorry, I'd rather have the proven commodity at the game's most important position. It'd be different if we were picking top-5, but we're not.

3 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I mean the dead cap is $67 million. Does anyone realistically see them moving him?

Can a contract be structured so that a new team pays that or some of it? He also has a no trade clause...I’m sure there is a way, almost anything can be put in a contract. Especially with two consenting parties. But I honestly have no idea.

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

Yep, what the patriots did is not really repeatable.

What the Seahawks and Steelers did is more realistic. 

I don’t want to say we would have but this past off-season was a chance. Save $81M in cap, two more comp picks (3rd, two 5ths and 6th) and get Trevor at #1 (possible with Grier starting).

Would have had a potential stud QB, Moore, CMC, Anderson, maybe Samuel, Moton, Chinn, Burns, Brown, YGM, Shaq and maybe some others, plus 10 more picks this draft.

Tampa losing Brady, Saints losing Brees, Atlanta and Saints in cap heck and Ryan not getting younger/better.

Again, no guarantee but if he hadn’t been in try to win mode this year, we could have set ourselves up while the rest of our division might all be looking for QBs and having to make cuts. Maybe not quite inept like the Jets, Dolphins and Bills were during the Brady era, but not a 2 playoff team division.

In the slimmest of chances, Houston may want to keep Watson outside of the AFC. In that case Panthers would be players if Watson named them as the only NFC team hed join. Lots of IFs etc, plus the Pats where rurmored to sign Teddy. Their new GM could be a fan and take teddy back in a trade.....along with a load of picks. 

This is the first time for me in the believer status, .0006704746828% chance... Just if we had some sort of OL, Id be on this dream cloud. People do know the Texans when 4-12 and had lots more talents than the panthers right??? right? That was with Watson having a career year too, team game... Watson can NOT cover the need for 25 players without early draft picks..

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

In the slimmest of chances, Houston may want to keep Watson outside of the AFC. In that case Panthers would be players if Watson named them as the only NFC team hed join. Lots of IFs etc, plus the Pats where rurmored to sign Teddy. Their new GM could be a fan and take teddy back in a trade.....along with a load of picks. 

This is the first time for me in the believer status, .0006704746828% chance... Just if we had some sort of OL, Id be on this dream cloud. People do know the Texans when 4-12 and had lots more talents than the panthers right??? right? That was with Watson having a career year too, team game... Watson can NOT cover the need for 25 players without early draft picks..

That isn't even close to being true

5 hours ago, thennek said:

Doubtful any team will be able to duplicate what the Patriots did. 
A big reason why the patriots were able to create a dynasty is due to 1) Tom Brady being the GOAT  2).not getting paid like the best 3) Belichick is the GOAT coach. 
 Brady took less money because he’s married to a super rich wife who makes more than him. This allowed the patriots to build a team around him...

Compare the Saints to the Patriots. Drew Brees is one of the all time greats and gets paid like one. He only has one SB win and no dynasty. Imagine the SB wins the Saints would have had if Payton could have built around Brees...if Brees was paid similar to Brady. 

I think Brady also took less money because he's smart and knew he couldn't keep winning rings if he was hogging the whole salary cap. 

25 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

That isn't even close to being true

Watt, Tunsil, Reid, Cummingham, Fuller, Cooks and Mercilus with other young up in comers. Check them out. They have more talent for sure, just about every position group Texans have the better player except RB(WR is tough one)... Check out the roster if you dont agree.  

Archived