• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drew Brees' reign of terror is finally over

9 hours ago, CarolinaSunday said:

If you watched to the end of the broadcast, he took time to take it all in as he headed into the tunnel.  He put his helmet on to hide his emotions. Turned and looked back out at the field one last time while he was halfway in the tunnel.  Good Riddance, I mean happy retirement! 

Reign of terror? Let’s not give Brees too much credit. The only reason they ever got anywhere was because the NFL and the refs constantly wiped their ass and played story mode for them.

Dude was easily the most overrated QB this decade. Stat padding crybaby that chokes in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

If we had play our cards right this year Brees, Brady, and Ryan could all be gone in 5 years while we have the best QB in the South. Tepper you have your chance. 

Fixed. I said this all before the season started. The door was wide open amd Marty was allowed to shut it throwing away a better pick, $81M in cap and 3rd and 5th round comp picks. Anyone with half a brain could see we weren’t going to compete for the playoffs and had a golden fuging opportunity to prepare for owning the division in 2022 and splurging our cap space into multiple deep playoff runs while our division foes were potentially still looking for their new QBs.

if you could pick one single player acquisition from a divisional rival that stifled the panthers’ chances to compete for the last 15 years, drew brees would be it. i know in that time this organization has shot themselves in the foot in so many different ways, but having a perennial contender in your division doesn’t help matters at all. just ask the dolphins and bills. since brady is gone, dolphins finally have a winning season for the first time in over a decade and the bills won the division first time since i have no idea.

good riddance drew. i wish the phins signed you up so the saints would get stuck with culpepper.

Archived