• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Stafford's NFL Records

Zod

45 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

You know, honestly, I am beginning to see a worrisome parallel here. Two teams and two players trying to move along at a time when there's a change of coaching and leadership. And while Cam had been out and injured for almost the entire year, Stafford was reeling from three different injuries in 2020, even though he never missed an entire game.

I'm beginning to feel that maybe there's something bad under the hood when it comes to Mr. Stafford on the used car lot that is the NFL offseason. And a lot like Cam, he could have some injuries that would spell the end of his career there if he can't find someone to take him on.

I'm getting lots of "Buyer Beware" vibes on the whole thing. 

And no, we didn't need Cam's last ride to be here. Seeing how bad off he was in New England, he really should have hung it up and remained better in people's minds. That old line of "there's nothing sadder than a hero who doesn't know when it is time to hang it up" seems to apply.

I love Cam, but this game is hard on players and almost no one gets to ride the train for as long as they want to. Ask Luke.

Stafford is far closer to Carson Palmer when he was traded away from the Raiders than he is Cam Newton.

I don't want the Panthers to trade for Stafford unless the compensation was relatively low.  But make no mistake about it.  Stafford can still play this game.  Palmer played well until he was 38.  Anything can happen, obviously, but Stafford could certainly play until that age.  He'll always have one of the strongest arms in the game.  And he's always been mobile enough to move in the pocket.

LIS.  I don't really desire him in a trade.  But I'd be hype as hell for this offense if we got him.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Mage said:

Stafford is far closer to Carson Palmer when he was traded away from the Raiders than he is Cam Newton.

I don't want the Panthers to trade for Stafford unless the compensation was relatively low.  But make no mistake about it.  Stafford can still play this game.  Palmer played well until he was 38.  Anything can happen, obviously, but Stafford could certainly play until that age.  He'll always have one of the strongest arms in the game.  And he's always been mobile enough to move in the pocket.

LIS.  I don't really desire him in a trade.  But I'd be hype as hell for this offense if we got him.

And Palmer won what again? Carson Palmer is kind of like Dan Fouts or Philip Rivers... so much praise for him and his prowess, just a lack of wins and post season experience. Of course, there's Stafford fitting that mold.

He seems like a great guy and if he ends up here, I'll cheer for him, but I just honestly don't see the major upside and trajectory changing guy in him that others do.

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And Palmer won what again? Carson Palmer is kind of like Dan Fouts or Philip Rivers... so much praise for him and his prowess, just a lack of wins and post season experience. Of course, there's Stafford fitting that mold.

He seems like a great guy and if he ends up here, I'll cheer for him, but I just honestly don't see the major upside and trajectory changing guy in him that others do.

Yes but how much were those the players and how much were those the situations? Sometimes it is difficult to unpack that unless a change of scenery happens. 

I don't think Stafford will end up here but I will be curious to see how successful he is at his next destination. If I had to make a prediction, I would wager that what you end up finding out is that the problem wasn't Stafford any more than it was Calvin Johnson or Barry Sanders. Sometimes great players just end up in shitty organizations. 

• Pie 1

He is a solid Vet with upside, his record or ability doesn't concern me. The cost being discussed is concerning and the fact we would have to commit to him before we got a great look at the QB prospects during the draft process would be a huge negative for me.

image.png.e8eadd009f5f6d09d3375462ff37bb17.png

This alone makes it worth it. Something that if Asswater would have done, this team would be in the positives. I can count at least 4 games that if he led a 4th quarter comeback or had a game winning drive, this team would be 9-7. But yeah Let's keep saying this team is not "one player" away. 

I really hate that term because you have to look at it from different perspectives. This team is not one player away from what? Competing? Winning a Super bowl? Being over 500? Be specific because with that one player (Stafford) I believe you can be competitive and over 500. Easily. 

• Poo 1

14 hours ago, Zod said:

Matt Stafford's NFL records

• Most passing touchdowns in a single game by a rookie quarterback: 5 (tied with Ray Buivid, Jameis Winston, Deshaun Watson, and Daniel Jones)[210]
  • Youngest quarterback to throw for at least five touchdowns in a single game (21 years, 288 days) (November 22, 2009 against the Cleveland Browns)[211]
  • First player in NFL history to complete 60% or more of all passes in each game in a season (2015)[212]
  • Most games with at least one touchdown pass in a season: 16 (2011, tied NFL record)[213]
  • Most consecutive 350+ yards passing games: 4 (2011–2012, tied with Drew Brees)[214]
  • Most passing yards thrown for in a single game without a touchdown pass: (443, December 22, 2012 against the Atlanta Falcons)[215]
  • Most passing attempts in a season: 727 (2012)[216]
  • Most pass attempts per game, season: 45.44, 2012[217]
  • Most games with 40+ pass attempts in a season: 13 (2012)[218]
  • Fastest player to reach 15,000 career passing yards (53 games played)[219]
  • Fastest player to reach 20,000 career passing yards (71 games played)[220]
  • Fastest player to reach 25,000 career passing yards (90 games played)[221]
  • Fastest player to reach 30,000 career passing yards (109 games played)[222]
  • Fastest player to reach 40,000 career passing yards (147 games played)[188]
  • Fastest player to reach 3,000 completions (125 games played)[223]
  • Most passing yards in first 100 games (27,890) [224]
  • Most fourth quarter comebacks in a season: 8 (2016)
  • Most game-winning drives in a single season: 8 (2016)

I didn't realize just how prolific a QB he has been while wasting away in NFL no man's land (Detroit). 

SIGN HIM ASAP!

15 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Does one WR help turn a franchise into a winner? 

Real question: do you think the Lions did a good job building around Stafford? 

Stafford had WAY better weapons than Cam. Calvin, Tate, Burleson, Jones, Galloday, Amendola, Ebron, Petigrew, Hockerson.

Lack of weapons has never been an issue for Stafford.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Stafford had WAY better weapons than Cam. Calvin, Tate, Burleson, Jones, Galloday, Amendola, Ebron, Petigrew, Hockerson.

You do know he hasn’t had an defense EVER. He shouldn’t have to do it all unless you need him, like his 38 game winning drives which has him 4th right now. We have him last year we would have been close to playoffs in Rhule’s first year. Nobody can say we wouldn’t have won 4-5 of those like 7 one score games with Stafford at qb. If you think that I feel sorry for you. He has been on a terrible team. I don’t care what anyone says I would give up 1st or 2nd for him. This defense will be even better next year.

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

I'm not comparing Stafford vs Cam’s weapons. I'm comparing the similarities in the two poorly built franchises. Stafford’s weapons may have been better but they weren't good. They've had one 1K rusher and terrible Ds

Edit: outside of Megatron there isn't a star on your list. And the RB list is a joke. Coaches are bad too

Edited by RoaringRiot
  • Flames 1