• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford-Goff swap is happening

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I meant more historically.  They lucked into Warner and the greatest show on turf, then back to the irrelevance for years until they lucked into the combo with mcvay and that defense.  My main thing is organizationally, they're closer to the buccaneers which despite their success this year isnt exactly a place you want to be compared to.

They are a far more historically successful franchise than us. So, like I said, I will trade.

The Athletic's Joe Person reports NFL insiders believe "the Texans will want three first-round picks, or two first-rounders and an established player" in exchange for Deshaun Watson. 

The astronomical price for Watson makes sense after the Rams had to part with a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick, a 2023 first-round pick to acquire Matthew Stafford from Detroit. If the Texans are willing to hold out for that kind of offer, that could narrow Watson's suitors to two or three teams. Person, who covers the Panthers, was skeptical of the team selling out to get Watson, since doing so would make it tougher to improve the team's offensive line. The Panthers would owe Teddy Bridgewater $23 million if they stay put at QB in the coming months -- an unlikely scenario by all accounts. Watson being dealt to Carolina would make D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson much sought-after players in 2021 fantasy drafts

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reported the Texans would want two first round draft picks, two second rounders, and two defensive starters in exchange for Deshaun Watson. 

McClain's oddly specific trade scenario is hardly a guarantee that the wretched Houston defense would improve in 2021, especially if they part ways with J.J. Watt this offseason. McClain, a longtime Houston beat reporter, said the Texans should start with the Jets, who are reportedly at the top of Watson's trade wish list. The Athletic's Joseph Person, meanwhile, said league insiders expect Houston to demand three first round picks for Watson. Probably it depends on the caliber of defensive player in question, but Person's scenario would seem to be more realistic with demand for Watson, 25, as high as any player in recent NFL history

55 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

They are a little over 500 and we are a little under. I wouldn't consider them to be far more successful 

1 Super Bowl Title, 4 SB appearances, 4 Conference Championships, 15 Divisonal titles, 6 periods(longest at 8 years) of back to back or more winning seasons, 26 seasons out of 55 of winning records. This is just from the Super Bowl Era.

I don't know what you consider successful, but you are more than welcome to list the Panthers accomplishments in those categories. I already know them quite well, so I don't think you are going to enjoy seeing them side by side 

As I said, we aren't nearly as successful.

• Beer 1