• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DROTY, Votes 42.5 Young to 4.5 Chinn

davos

Surprised this hasn't been made into a bigger deal.  Young was a force but didn't even have that huge of a year for a top pick, and he missed games.  Equaled the same amount of sacks as Burns' first year at 7.5 but don't forget Rivera shelved Burns' in his stupid rookie treatment strategy.

Young: 44 total (32 solo) tackles, 7.5 sacks, 4 ff (14 games) 

For Perspective--Burns Year 1: 25 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 1 ff (15.5 games, but really only ~12 bc of Rivera)

Chinn: 117 total (68 solo) tackles, 2 ff, 2 tds, 1 int, 5 pds

I mean, sure safety/lb/db hybrids get more tackles, but yeesh, I really think Chinn got fleeced.

Young is an absolute force and definitely outshined Burns' rookie season in some respects, but Chinn made play after play this year.  To only get 4.5 votes (2nd in voting) doesn't give him the credit he deserves.

It's just a random rookie crown but I hope it makes him and the rest of these young guys come back with a vengeance next season.

Would love to see us become a fierce defensive strong team to compliment the playmakers on offense.  Let's just get the OL and QB right plz.

• Pie 4

It's at least a debate who was more deserving but no way it should've been that lopsided. Chase Young was also playing alongside a defensive line full of 1st rounders. Chinn was playing with mostly scrubs in the backfield and between him and Burns, carried our defense to respectability. Bias aside, he would've gotten my vote.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2