• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson Update

Calboyz13

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I acknowledge the possibility.

The longer we go though, the more sources I see taking seriously that the Texans might actually drag this fight out over an entire season. Albert Breer was talking about just that not long ago.

Honestly, the thing I feel most comfortable saying is that whatever happens, the Texans are going to handle it badly.

You could assemble the greatest minds in football, even if you had to dig them up from the grave, and give them the task of coming up with and implementing a plan to screw this situation up in the most extreme way imaginable.  My bet is that group would be outdone by the Texans.  And it probably would not even be close.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

You could assemble the greatest minds in football, even if you had to dig them up from the grave, and give them the task of coming up with and implementing a plan to screw this situation up in the most extreme way imaginable.  My bet is that group would be outdone by the Texans.  And it probably would not even be close.

If you're really trying to screw something up though, are those the people you want on the job?

I'd probably reach out to people like Dan Snyder, Matt Millen, Adam Gase, Matt Patricia and Marty Hurney.

57 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Don’t worry he don’t care best to put him on Ignore.

nah, he doesn't really bother me. it's just funny he's so unbelievably invested in being smartguy newsbreaker camped out fourteen hours a day to update us on what color jackie miles's underwear is today despite having massive blinders and awful takes on so many things.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I acknowledge the possibility.

The longer we go though, the more sources I see taking seriously that the Texans might actually drag this fight out over an entire season. Albert Breer was talking about just that not long ago.

Honestly, the thing I feel most comfortable saying is that whatever happens, the Texans are going to handle it badly.

They already are handling it poorly by releasing Watt the moment he asked and acting like they won’t trade Watson for asking. I feel like the more screwed up they make it, the less likely Watson is going to be on board and will probably get traded.

It’s got to be hard to be in Houston’s office and hear 3 1st round picks, CMC, and possibly another player is on the table and not entertain the offer. But like you were saying, Houston’s office is about as bad as it gets...

Just now, BigAggieLean. said:

I’d like to keep Burns. Yea, I’d designate him as an untouchable. 

DJ, Burns, Brown, and Chinn. Texans can have anyone but them.

Love all these dudes, but no one should be untouchable for a 25 year old franchise QB. Burns would be the closest to that, though. DJ Moore is the furthest. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Verge said:

I have been telling everyone for two months that Watson wants out, Tepper and company will give up whatever they need to to get him. I get loose details on what we are willing to give up, and have said for a while CMC will likely be included. Done deal this is not, but I do believe we are as close an anyone else to getting him.

What we offer doesn’t matter until DW goes through his list. 

• Poo 1