• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don’t look now....

Troys99x4

33 minutes ago, JJman Returns said:

Both those teams have better, younger, cheaper QBs and better/more draft picks to offer. Our best chance at getting Deshaun was him refusing to play for Miami or NY

Yeah, honestly this isn't great news for us. I mean, it's completely expected since Miami was a pretty good team with shoddy QB play last year and NY is reportedly Watson's preferred destination, but both of those teams have far better trade bait to offer than we do.

3 first rounders keeps getting thrown around. I don't have a lot of faith in us drafting The Guy in that timeframe.

CMC was out for most of the season and we still managed 5 wins. The team is against tanking so we're not going to be like the Jets or Jags and positioned to get a top QB. And whether it's for Deshaun or a rookie it's set in stone that at LEAST one of our first rounders will be spent trying to get a quarterback. There's just a lot of uncertainty and things hurting our odds when it comes to drafting "The Guy" within the next three years, so I'd give away those picks in a heartbeat if it meant solving that dilemma.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

You can build a team other ways besides the first round of the draft.

Not only that but the Panthers are a clear cut example of 1st rounders being overrated in a team dynamic alone. We hit on all of our first round picks, some of which are going into the HoF(Luke) or would have been a HoFer(Cam) and look how we turned out.

1st round picks cannot get it done alone and no team in the current era is getting it done without a QB. Those old but but but the Ravens and Tampa retorts are irrelevant anymore as that was a different NFL than todays NFL.

Edited by Fox007

Yeah, this doesn’t bode well for us. Miami and the Jets can offer multiple 1’s this year and outbid us in terms of draft capital. Our best shot is if they want players as well. I wouldn’t hesitate to throw them Shaq, Jackson, and Teddy in a deal. 

We know any potential trade will be expensive, but with the supposed inclusion of Miami and NY, they can really outbid us with more immediate draft capital. For us to pull it off, it will mean losing a whole lot of our foundation, as well as picks. I’m willing to pay that cost for a QB though. That’s just me.