• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McClain Insinuates Deshaun is Far-Fetched for Panthers

Troys99x4

I mean it goes back to the PFF Bronco scenario.  Broncos are even after us.  But the trade only happens in the draft.  Texans will have to wait until the draft.....and see if a QB actually falls to a team they are willing to trade with.  

and I think there are decent odds that one of the 4 makes it to 8. 

• Beer 1

Where the pick is this year doesn't matter one bit if the overall value is equal. If the overall value is equal, the Texans can trade up to the top 3 if they want with other assets we would send in a trade. Plus, I'm not sure why the Texans are in such a rush to get a QB if they do trade Watson. If they don't replace Watson with a capable starter they will be a lock for 1st overall next year and then will have Howell and a crap ton of draft capital/young players from the Watson haul and would be looking pretty good going forward. Yeah next year would suck for them but it'd be a quick turnaround from there. I don't think us picking 8th this year factors in at all except that it means we'll have to offer more in the total package, but we've already known this thanks to the whiners bringing up the Washington win every other thread...

• Pie 1

Meh, up until a few days ago, this McClain dude was adamant that Houston would not trade Watson.  Hes been consistently wrong on this issue since the beginning.  I would not put too much stock into his opinion - which is all this is.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2