• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Efe Obada

ncfan

Hate to see him go, I really like the guy and he has a great story. 

He's a rotational player on the d-line but someone is going to pay him big for potential. Can't blame them or him... if he keeps going, he'll be devastating. If he maintains where he is, though, he's going to be an expensive rotational guy and that is probably why nothing came together before today between him and the Panthers.

• Pie 5

Hes a great story but an ok player. I like his flexibility at DT and DE as a pass rusher. He's shown flashes but rarely been consistent.

That said, he did say he contemplated quitting football last year. While I dont want to criticize his state of mind especially during a pandemic, there is some concern whether or not he was committed and all in on football. 

If he isn't? I wish him luck in whatever his next venture is because his natural athleticism and skill, while still greater than anyone on a message board, arent enough to carry him if he isn't putting work in to get better. 

I hope he comes back if he's committed because I'm a sucker for the feel good story and he has shown enough glimpses of his ability, but in reality, we could likely replace him with a younger player. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

surprising

Not really, he's great depth/rotational guy.  A lot of teams desperate for that will over pay for that if they a good one.  We probably couldn't afford to at his market rate.  I bet the pick up another similar player in the draft now that they lost him.

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Wasn't he the only RFA we had yet to re-sign?

Only guy that hasn't received a tender offer yet.

We speculated earlier that maybe they were trying to sign him to something longer, but this sort of flies in the face of that.

He's been good depth. I was hoping we'd keep him.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3