• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Allegations detailed (not good)

Mills

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

This isn't even a criminal case! Also odd!

Even if the story were completely true, would it actually be a crime? If not, a civil lawsuit would have been the only option.

Can't say I'm familiar with Texas law and don't know if we have anyone on here who is.

Edited by Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Otherwise it's just another she-said-he-said. 

Funny how "she said" has been enough to convict-now & investigate-later in basically 100% of all cases in the recent past...

...if nothing else, given the me-too times we are living in the NFL will have to conduct an investigation which never seems to happen fast.

Is a player even tradeable while that sort of thing is taking place?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Even if the story were completely true, would it actually be a crime?

Can't say I'm familiar with Texas law and don't know if we have anyone on here who is.

It looks like you're correct due to the nature of what's alleged that Watson did. His alleged violation doesn't appear to rise to the level of sexual assault (which would make it criminal).

https://texaslawhelp.org/article/sexual-harassment-work#:~:text=Unwelcome sexual advances%2C requests for,or creates an intimidating%2C hostile%2C

This means that it is in fact (as alleged) more benign than other cases we've heard, and that anyone who believes that we won't trade for Watson based upon this is likely fooling themselves. 

Edited by top dawg