• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign TE Dan Arnold

TheSpecialJuan

24 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yes it is. Usually I feel like we've always just signed players because we need a player at X position. Now, I feel we are signing players because we need players a X position that can do Y and Z. Very different mentality to me. Me likey

The theme is versatility--just about every player could play somewhere else effectively.  Roster spots, minimizing the need to sub...etc.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

One of the Panthers’ key positional deficits last season was a tight end that could convert first downs and be a reliable target.

Arnold a former wide receiver will provide that. The tight end room now includes Arnold, Ian Thomas, Colin Thompson, and Sullivan.

The signing is another example of an investment in a lower tier player for a reasonable price. It should not preclude the Panthers from continuing to address the position, especially through the draft.

I like how Fit/Rhule is putting together s team that is versatile. Like I said before if we can some how get a good not great CB we will have some good talent to work with. Adding a pure pass catching TE was very important and they did that. 

I LOVED the Reddick/Perryman signings, but TBH, i think Arnold and Moore are going to make a lot of folks happy too.

Arnold just turned 26 earlier this week and went to an insanely tiny school Wisconsin-Platteville and went undrafted. Good on him for making the most of his opportunity. Good chance these flashes that he's shown in limited snaps could turn into something fruitful.

Could he really be any worse than Ian "145 yards in 2020" Thomas or any of the other bums we've had since Greg left us?

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yay I had a random dude I became a FA fan of that we signed. Woo!

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

LOL...this signing 

Is it the name?

Because a signing of a 26 yo 6'6 220 TE that just had a 440 yd 4 td season as a second option is pretty solid from where we were. 

• Pie 1