• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your "so far" take on Fitterer

Mr. Scot

Wait and see for me. I think his free agency hasn't stood out from what we've seen with Hurney the last couple years. Couple good value signings, a couple head scratchers that seem a bit of an overpay while also letting some contributors leave over fairly low salary amounts. But the draft is where you really build a team so I am reserving judgment until we see how that plays out. Really can't accurately grade things for a couple years. 

Encouraged! At least he seems to be doing what he said he'd do as far as churning the roster, and he's doing it with future present and future budgetary concerns on his mind. He only extended Shaq and CMC because of what he inherited, saying that that type of action is basically a one-off. So, I'm just glad to see him mindful of the finances and their overall repercussions from year to year. I really like the Reddick, Perryman and Big Dan signings considering the circumstances. I think it also shows that he's mindful of the money and improvement of the team. We'll see how it goes in future offseasons.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As others have mentioned, it does kind of remind me of Gettleman's first offseason, i.e. signing a bunch of guys most people wouldn't know as depth or bridges.

I don't remember Gettleman signing this many in such a short time though.

DG waited for the market to cool. We had a bigger cap mess and the guys we ended up signing had to be cheap. Lots of late free agent signings. At least that is what I remember. Not sure if the market is the same this year, the cap sitation had something to do with that I think. 

One thing that I still don't understand at the moment is why we pushed more cap space to next season.

I REALLY didn't like the restructures, but I would have preferred to take out lump rather than continue to kick the can.  Unless there is a trade for an established QB coming our way, I don't understand that move.

• Pie 1