• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

4 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

We’re sitting at 8, Lance, Wilson, Lawrence and Fields have all been taken.  Sewell, Pitts and Chase are also gone.  Mac Jones is still on the board. Washington and New England are both calling to get in front of Denver. All of a sudden our 8th pick holds a ton of value. We make the deal with New England. They give us 15 and 46 this year for number 8. 

15, 39 , 46 turns out to be Parsons, Eichenberg, and Trask

we then Trade Teddy to WFT for a 2022 4th post draft. 

That Darnold trade doesn’t looks so bad in this scenario. We essentially traded a 6th for a starter to take the reigns and either run with it or give us time to groom trask. 

Agree with this and could easily see this happening. But at the same time, part of me would just want Slater at 8 in this scenario and call it a day. Finally address LT with a first rounder. 

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Man, I came to this thread after getting the alert on my phone expecting some optimism. And what do I get?

"Ermahgerd! My second round pick next year!"

Seriously? After all the talk about how QB is the most important position in the league, and we need to trade the farm for a franchise QB, we get one for peanuts and all y'all can do is bitch?

This is fantastic news! We kept almost all of our draft capital this year. We can invest in offensive line, Linebacker, CB. All the positions we actually need rather than pining for the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft. Hell! This puts us in position to trade back with a QB hungry team and get ourselves two firsts next year! And y'all bitching about the 2022 Second Round pick?

Man this board is ridiculous sometimes.

A good QB would be important.  

16 minutes ago, pantherj said:

The coaching staff did their best, but they lacked the talent to make it in the NFL. Darnold is coming to a better team with a better coaching staff. What that will produce in the coming seasons is anyone's guess, but I have a bad feeling.

Even a slightly educated pessimist would believe that DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and Christian McCaffrey could be better weapons than La'Mical Perine, Breshad Perriman and Jamison Crowder.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm neither.

My take right now is just to hope for the best.

Sam is a relatively low risk when it comes to what the Panthers have given up to get him.  He potentially has a high reward.

Worst case scenario, Sam doesn't work out, but at least the Panthers haven't given up the farm and crippled the team for years to get him. 

• Pie 2