• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would 100% bet against it.  If that were to happen then we would easily trade out.  I am telling you the NFL and their scouting dept do not look at Lance like we do.  Like it or not he is a major project.  I still do not have a feeling one way or another about Fields.  he has talent but damn there is just something there that is throwing me off

We are going to have to agree to disagree then.  The main argument is this, if Teddy was even marginally better last year, we wouldn't even be picking the top half of the draft.  We should not be in any position to draft a franchise QB after this year.  Rhule seems awfully sure of himself and totally believes this team will be contenders form now on.  That said, if Fields or Lance is there at #8, we would be hard pressed to pass them up, not without getting a king's ransom in trade value fully believing we should not be sniffing a top 10 pick in the foreseeable future.  Again, think VALUE, not need. 

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I understand, my only issue is we could be sitting here having the same discussion about darnold as we have been with teddy all off season. I mean it could be a Neverending cycle.

I agree. The situation as a whole is a mess to say the least. All we can hope for is that we learned our lesson and move forward. However I doubt any lessons will be learnt from this.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

this isn't desperation.  Desperation is spending 3 first rounders for Mac Jones. 

CMC isn't 37 year old Frank Gore.  Rhule/Brady isn't the Jets coaching staff.  DJ Moore isn't what he was throwing to.

I mean, there was no way for Darnold to be successful in NY.  He is a calculated gamble.  If he was coming in with this class of QBs...he would be ahead of some in the top 5. 

The Jets are willing to part ways with Darnold for a reason. They know him better than anyone, and they're letting him go. Let that sink in.

Edited by pantherj

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree then.  The main argument is this, if Teddy was even marginally better last year, we wouldn't even be picking the top half of the draft.  We should not be in any position to draft a franchise QB after this year.  Rhule seems awfully sure of himself and totally believes this team will be contenders form now on.  That said, if Fields or Lance is there at #8, we would be hard pressed to pass them up, not without getting a king's ransom in trade value fully believing we should not be sniffing a top 10 pick in the foreseeable future.  Again, think VALUE, not need. 

Again maybe you just are not understanding that our staff probably doesnt see a franchise qb in Lance.  I say lance because he is the most likely to be there at 8.  They would rather look at SD career tape and work with that rather than Lance.  Like I said, I like Lance, love his size and arm but you have to admit just reps wise he is years away and even then there is nothing to guarantee he can be an above average starter.  Too much risk for a pick at 8.

If Fields is there then I think its telling about him as well and we can still trade out

• Pie 1

Im actually a little excited about this. I don't think Darnold is as bad as everyone claims. Coaching means a lot and Gase was one of the worst. People defend Cam by pointing out his lack of supporting cast in NE and how they didn't help him at all, even with Belicheck. The same arguments could be made of Darnold, except his coach wasn't fit to coach pop warner. 

After watching Rhule get his players rise above their talent this year, except for TB, I think Darnold could surprise us. Plus this allows us to get a starting LT possibly. I actually like our options in the draft a whole lot more now. If Lance is sitting there at 8 we could potentially trade down and pick up an extra 1st or more depending on who wants to move. Maybe grab Sewell/Slater/Darisaw. I'm ok with this. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

maybe you’re right

ive seen this novel before

time makes more converts than reason

Dude we picked up his what, 18 million 5th year option, without even seeing what this dude is gonna be like with our coaches and system? This franchise is fuging dumb as poo. No reason to freak out. I ain’t buying tickets or merch for this bullshit but I will laugh my ass off at this thread next year like I did reading the Teddy signing thread last year.

Get ready for plenty of posts leading up to the season of why darnold doesn’t suck even though he only threw 9 td passes last year. But hey, Darnold has a better arm tho so there is that. Maybe he gets 20 tds this season. 

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Trading 3 first round picks to move up and draft an unproven rookie is totally fine with you guys but trading a 2nd for a former top QB prospect means this team is doomed. 

Yeah. Keep the post in mind. You guys have lost the ability to think logically. It’s just emotional reactionary nonsense.

Logic and history say that at least 3 out of the top 5 will bust and we will be getting the 3rd or 4rth best choice

• Beer 1