• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

8 hours ago, joemac said:

Highly highly doubt we take a QB at 8, regardless of whom is there. My opinion is that we’re gonna roll the dice with Sam this year for better or worse and we are in a sweet spot to land the top talent at whatever non-QB position we want. 

If Fields, Lance, or Trask are there you do. 

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

OK, adopting this new first round philosophy, I think it is very likely that we do not need to move up if we are open minded.  I am going to create a big board here.  Wait one second.

1. Lawrence.  QB

2. Wilson QB

3. Fields, QB

4. Lance, QB

Assume those 4 QBs go before the PANTHERS pick--

5. Sewell LT

6.  Pitts TE

7.  Chase WR

It is very likely one of the three in bold above (5-7) will be available. That is the pick, unless we decide to trade down.  Here is to hoping SF takes Jones--that would just about guarantee the top OT or an elite weapon.

8. Waddel WR

9. Smith WR

10. Slater OT

11. Surtain CB

12. Darrisaw OT

13. Horn, CB

I can’t see how a team would draft the 2 Alabama WRs in the first when Rondale Moore and Elijah Moore have very similar skill sets that could be had later 

You see the thing about Pitts is that he is absolutely a matchup nightmare in the truest sense of the word. I can't emphasize that enough. He's the kind of guy that will likely have to be doubled a marked percentage of the time. Otherwise he's going to go off. With credible receivers and a legit versatile threat at RB, the addition of Pitts makes an offense damned near unstoppable. With any semblance of effective QB play, the sky is the limit. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

Would it have to be either/or?

If Pitts and either Sewell or Slater were there at #8, everybody here is voicing opinions as to why one is better than the other.

Why not have our cake, and then go ahead and eat it, too.

Take Pitts at #8, then trade our 2nd round pick, plus our #1 in 2022, to Denver, and get the OT we need with their #9.  (If you experts in swap values think that's not enough, add to it until it is.)

Balls to the wall, boys.  If you all think Sewell/Slater are #1 picks this year (and they are), then they're equally worth next year's #1.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

You see the thing about Pitts is that he is absolutely a matchup nightmare in the truest sense of the word. I can't emphasize that enough. He's the kind of guy that will likely have to be doubled a marked percentage of the time. Otherwise he's going to go off. With credible receivers and a legit versatile threat at RB, the addition of Pitts makes an offense damned near unstoppable. With any semblance of effective QB play, the sky is the limit. 

It's more than likely why he will be gone before 8. Fields,Pitts, Lance, and Sewell could all fall to us in different scenarios. All imo are impact players.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

It's more than likely why he will be gone before 8. Fields,Pitts, Lance, and Sewell could all fall to us in different scenarios. All imo are impact players.

You are a snake you said you wanted Sewell and called me a dumbass caught ya

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If we want Pitts, then I assure you there is a very good reason for it.  What was the offense missing last year?  Who is going to cover him?  etc. 

I am telling you, they may think we are better off at OT than we think we are. 

We can definitely use Pitts but WE ARE NOT better off at OT than we think UNLESS they plan on moving moton to LT or doing something like trading for orlando Brown. 

4 hours ago, Jmac said:

If they ignore the Oline again, then they deserve to be irrelevant. One would think after the Cam fiasco, they would learn what wins games in this league. 

100%. And I believe Pitts is the best player in this draft. 

LT has plagued this team for too long. One solid year from Oher and we went to the Super Bowl 15-1. Deep OT classes don't happen much and we're sitting pretty in this one. We have to strike now.

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If we want Pitts, then I assure you there is a very good reason for it.  What was the offense missing last year?  Who is going to cover him?  etc. 

I am telling you, they may think we are better off at OT than we think we are. 

They made it clear that a pass catching TE was a priority. A lot of people seemed to write that off once Arnold was signed but Pitts is the ideal prospect in that regard.