• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little = Gone?

ncfan

I could see him being here as a backup as well. Kinda thin at the position, depends on how the rookies look ( I'm thinking we have 2 drafted and 1 UDFA Oline ). I think the tweet just means to say don't work under the assumption Little will be starting anywhere on the line. 

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Fitterer only mentioned him as an afterthought in his press conference.  He mentioned even Daley ahead of him.  

What a waste of draft picks.  Meanwhile Cody Ford is probably still balling.  

if Daley can stay healthy, he was actually OK

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You can point to players like Little and Grier being inactive for most of the season or at least being relegated to third string as a serious indictment....but there’s also a reason why they still haven’t been outright cut despite being pretty terrible on the field. I would guess the coaching staff still thinks there is the possibility of developing them. This coaching staff hasn’t shown any hesitation whatsoever in cutting losses with deadweight players.

It's probably because they're on cheap rookie contracts and you always need camp bodies. Just being honest.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen a lot of people say they could try Little at guard, but I just don't see it working.

Last year, he frequently looked lost. If somebody wasn't running right at him, he had no idea what to do.

I'm not sure Little trying to learn a new position, one that sometimes requires more complicated thinking than just "step back and block the pass rusher", is something that's going to work out.

I think it's just better to cut our losses. Trade him for cheap and let him be someone else's project. I liked him. And then he had to go and play and ruin it all.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's probably because they're on cheap rookie contracts and you always need camp bodies. Just being honest.

There's a virtually limitless pool of cheap camp bodies in FA at any given moment that they could pull from if that's all they were looking for.  There's clear precedent of them cutting players on rookie contracts, as well as a ton of roster shuffling of the cheap bottom-dwellers for depth.  Hell, they cut Jordan Scarlett at the beginning of last season, who was from the same draft class as Little/Grier.  It doesn't make sense that they would hold onto trash players who are a lost cause because "they're cheap", when they could take a shot at an unknown in FA at a comparably dirt-cheap contract.  There has to be some kind of redeeming quality or incremental development they see in practice with these two that we aren't privy to. 

9 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

There's a virtually limitless pool of cheap camp bodies in FA at any given moment that they could pull from if that's all they were looking for.  There's clear precedent of them cutting players on rookie contracts, as well as a ton of roster shuffling of the cheap bottom-dwellers for depth.  Hell, they cut Jordan Scarlett at the beginning of last season, who was from the same draft class as Little/Grier.  It doesn't make sense that they would hold onto trash players who are a lost cause because "they're cheap", when they could take a shot at an unknown in FA at a comparably dirt-cheap contract.  There has to be some kind of redeeming quality or incremental development they see in practice with these two that we aren't privy to. 

We don't have any cap liabilities on any of those other virtually limitless camp bodies. We do on Grier and Little. Their bonus money is hitting our cap one way or the other so unless they're just locker room cancers they're the better camp bodies.

• Pie 2