• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pre draft press conference

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I see no possible way that this forum doesn't implode over our pick.  So many people want different players and when we trade down (which I think we will) the server will melt down.

I want Fields to be on the board when we pick.

Just because I want to see a server meltdown. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He wasn’t working long hours trying to prepare for a draft with very limited prospect access and no combine. I’d think any coaching staff, GM and scouts are watching more film and having more discussions than normal. 

Recruiting is non-stop at the college level. He's looked like this for quote awhile now. Basically ever since the wheels fell off last season.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I want Fields to be on the board when we pick.

Just because I want to see a server meltdown. 

I want a left tackle pretty badly, and if we don't get one I'll be annoyed.

But I'm not gonna melt down. I'll do the same thing I do every time the Panthers make a move I disagree with and hope for the best.

That said, if a quarterback is on the board at 8 and we don't take him, I agree several people are likely gonna go apesh-t.

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, you could simply go back and watch his pressers before and after.

all Rhule wants to do is chill out to some Crash into Me and not be hated on.  Is that too much to ask!  

55 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep, one week left before the draft. They are trying to review everyone and every scenario. I’d be worried if he didn’t look tired. 

He's looked exhausted for a while.

I thought it was just the difficult season under COVID restrictions, but it's continued into the Draft run-in.

It's a little surprising as the College season is a constant GRIND with recruiting. 

51 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

My guess for 1st round grades:

1. Trevor Lawrence- QB / Clemson

2. Kyle Pitts- TE / Florida

3. Ja'Marr Chase- WR / LSU

4. Penei Sewell- OT / Oregon

5. Zach Wilson- QB / BYU

6. Justin Fields- QB / Ohio State

7. Patrick Surtain II- CB / Alabama

8. Jaylen Waddle- WR / Alabama 

9. Teven Jenkins- OT / OK State

10. Alijah Vera-Tucker- OG / USC

11. Jaycee Horn- CB / South Carolina 

12. Devonte Smith- WR / Alabama

13. Rashawn Slater- OG / Northwestern 

14. Christian Darrisaw- OT / Virginia Tech

15. Micah Parsons- LB / Penn State

16. Trevon Moehrig- S / TCU

This is a pretty good guess.  And as long as we have Darrisaw with a 1st round grade, and can pick up a second and still get him, I'll be ecstatic.

I have a feeling we want to trade back and take a CB in the first.  If we do, I hope we have a bunch of LTs with 2nd round grades, because I feel like this is our year to finally get one.

I do understand the CB position in this draft falls off pretty quickly shortly into the 2nd round.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I want a left tackle pretty badly, and if we don't get one I'll be annoyed.

But I'm not gonna melt down. I'll do the same thing I do every time the Panthers make a move I disagree with and hope for the best.

That said, if a quarterback is on the board at 8 and we don't take him, I agree several people are likely gonna go apesh-t.

I want a tackle too, but I'm starting to feel like they are going to mess around, trade back, draft a CB, and then miss out on the top tackles as a run happens at the end of the first and before the Panthers pick in the second. They'll probably end up drafting a guy in the 6th or 7th rounds that doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of ever playing outside of preseason and camp. Or they are then forced to to trade up before the second round pick and loss whatever they gained from trading back. Either of those two scenarios are the most Panther things ever.

51 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Rhule looks exactly like he has on every video conference call he's ever done. I haven't seen many coaches look enthusiastic about them.

It's the beard and having to talk to Newton and Person while doing draft prep.

I think that’s the thing.  Having to answer the same BS questions week after week when we all know it’s not going to be a real answer, it’ll be coach speak, and truly it’s a waste of everybody’s time.  He’s become jaded much quicker than Ron I guess lol