• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting. David Tepper LOVES Brady Christensen

Zod

A three-year starter at BYU, Christensen was a consensus All-American in 2020. He posted PFF's highest-recorded grade for an offensive lineman (96.0), besting Penei Sewell's 2019 grade.

Tepper strikes me as a guy who really likes metrics...

I think if he was 20 instead of 24 he would have easily been in the discussion for a 1st round pick after his workout. His workout was insane, his production is insane. His age is a turnoff for a league mostly built on projection. 
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

A three-year starter at BYU, Christensen was a consensus All-American in 2020. He posted PFF's highest-recorded grade for an offensive lineman (96.0), besting Penei Sewell's 2019 grade.

Tepper strikes me as a guy who really likes metrics...

I think if he was 20 instead of 24 he would have easily been in the discussion for a 1st round pick after his workout. His workout was insane, his production is insane. His age is a turnoff for a league mostly built on projection. 

The short arms and lateral quickness are also question marks but I really love the pick. If not for age, I bet he could have been an early to mid 2nd. But even if he has to move inside, I still love this pick. If he can develop into just an average LT then that would be amazing.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

The short arms and lateral quickness are also question marks but I really love the pick. If not for age, I bet he could have been an early to mid 2nd. But even if he has to move inside, I still love this pick. If he can develop into just an average LT then that would be amazing.

His arms are the same length as Slater. 

• Pie 6

2 hours ago, Zod said:

I found this Panthers.com video interesting. 

His reaction for Christensen is by far the most excited. Happy we got someone to protect Sam? Really likes the player? Tepper seems very invested in the pick. 

Honestly I think it's relief.

I can't imagine they expected such a run on OTs to happen when they traded down from #39.

1 hour ago, Clicheking said:

Age doesn't matter as much for O.L, who can play effectively into their mid 30's. I think he'll contribute regardless if it's at OT or G.....still wanna pick up another OL or two today

Jordan Gross was 23 when his rookie season started.  Just sayin . . .

• Pie 1

He can easily have an 10-11 year career coming to the league just shy of 25.  He should bare minimum immediately start at LG but no doubt see if LT works. 

Daley/Elf fight out for LG if BC works at LT.  Scott/Erving are the backup LTs and start if they have to/if BC makes more sense at LG.