• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5(a) - Carolina Panthers select Daviyon Nixon - DT- Iowa

Zod

Panthers selected Iowa DT Daviyon Nixon with the No. 158 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Nixon (6'3/313) made his way to the Hawkeyes by way of Iowa Western Junior College where he JUCO transferred from as a three-star recruit. The Kenosha, WI native redshirted in 2018 before showing promise in 2019 by posting 21 pressures, 3.0 sacks and a 76.9 defensive rating according to PFF. It was 2020 when Nixon really established himself as a top flight defensive tackle, being named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and a consensus All-American. An active player who likes to use his quick burst and agility to keep blockers off balance, Nixon employs a “euro-step” move when rushing the passer that calls back to his basketball background. He wins with speed and subtlety in the pass rush game as opposed to brute strength. Nixon excelled at his pro day, running a 4.90 40-yard dash and posting a 8.40 RAS. He'll help replace Kawann Short on the inside of the Panthers' defense.

• Pie 1

What's intriguing is that Brown is going to demand more double teams than this guy.  I have watched a couple of videos on him and he is a violent tackler and will be good for this team.

I'm really loving this draft.  I don't know many of the names but after I read up on them and watch their videos along with other items you guys post.  This team is building an amazing team.  In the next few years we're going to be a team to contend with year in and year out. 

• Pie 2

I read he had a great first step which is great. He was a top college player. Maybe didn’t get a lot of nfl sacks but lots of successful defensive linemen didn’t get lots of sacks in college. He can sit a few years and develop, it can take a few years for a defensive linemen to develop anyhow.