• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen's son placed on transplant list

Mr. Scot

I don't mean this to come off wrong, but I'm honestly not educated on this kind of stuff and I'm curious, but...

Is this a good or a bad sign?

Is it good that he's on the list or is it bad in the sense that it means the situation is more urgent and dire for the little guy now and that's the only reason he was just put on the list?

Or maybe it's a bit of both?  

Either way, my thoughts and prayers are with the Olsen family, nothing but an absolute class act from day 1 and will forever be among the all time great Panthers.

Keep Pounding TJ!

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I don't mean this to come off wrong, but I'm honestly not educated on this kind of stuff and I'm curious, but...

Is it good that he's on the list or is it bad in the sense that it means the situation is more urgent and dire for the little guy now and that's the only reason he was just put on the list?

Either way, my thoughts and prayers are with the Olsen family, nothing but an absolute class act from day 1 and will forever be among the all time great Panthers.

Keep Pounding TJ!

Both 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Keep Pounding TJ!

From my understanding, getting on the transplant list and transplant priority take into account various factors. Surgery is always the last option since so many complications may arise, but obviously in TJs case it’s the only option. 

58 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Keep Pounding TJ!

If he gets the procedure , if he’s lucky it will extend his life another 10ish years. And that’s optimistic 

26 minutes ago, Rubi said:

If he gets the procedure , if he’s lucky it will extend his life another 10ish years. And that’s optimistic 

I believe you are significantly underestimating the "extend" time...

Ever heard of Eric Compton?

He got his 1st heart transplant (1992) at age-12 and that one lasted him 16 years...

...he got his 2nd one in 2008 and is still motoring on with that one (29yrs elapsed on 2 hearts, FYI)...

...in case you are unaware, he's in 9th place today at the PGA Tour event in Fort Worth, TX...

...1-back of Sergio Garcia and 9-ahead of  Phil Mickelson!

Hell, The Big Cat is 12+ years into his new heart and he was an elderly and in poor physical condition candidate when he received the transplant...

...TJ Olsen has every chance for a bright future, especially given the connections his family has.

Good luck young fella...

• Pie 5

Our daughter died when she was 11 months old and her heart went to a boy about her same age in Kentucky. 18 years later we get cards at every one of his birthdays. I will tell you from very close personal experience that in many cases transplants go well and last a long time.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3