• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick your 2021 LT

Pick your 2021 LT   

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who ultimately wins the 21’ LT competition? State your case

• Dennis Daley
    • Trent Scott
    • Cam Erving
    • Greg little (LOLz)
    • Brady Christensen

3 hours ago, SBBlue said:

He gave up 8 sacks and 4 penalties playing ~60% of the of offensive snaps.

I'm not saying he won't improve, but if he plays like that all season, we're screwed.

Agree with everything here.  Daley is fine as a rotational guy but is not a long term (and by long term I mean anything more than a game or two) answer.  

Just want to also add as a PSA that Daley was a sixth round pick and thrown into a mess in his rookie season.  He played admirably and in my mind above his draft position.  Too bad Hurney didn’t pick up a guy earlier in that dra…. Um, nevermind

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

a week before week 1 we are going to here Rhule talk about Joey Slye being naturally left handed.  

I mean when you got 5 possible LTs….you got none. 

unless you're the Panthers... then you have 5 LTs... since that is about how many tackles we used last year.

The fanbase needs a reality check on Moton playing LT. If it was as simple as sliding him over and just plugging in a good RT we wouldn’t be so laser focused on the left where it’s harder to find good talent.  

Moton is an elite RT and not there as a LT. Could he develop into one? Maybe, but then we have a $72m project on our hands. If it happens it will be a last resort because we’ve run out of options and not something to celebrate.

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, Snake said:

I think no matter what Fitters will be drafting line next year. Its probably a good idea even if we had two good tackles anyway.

If we don't go heavy OL in the 2022 draft(as we should have this year), I am just going to assume we don't care about OL as an organization.

Moton was drafted  64th from W. Michigan U with a RAS of 8.46 as  Guard

and BC was drafted 70th from         BYU          with a RAS of 9.84 as Tackle

Daley was drafted   212th from     S Carolina    with a RAS of 4.92 as Tackle

I'm really confused by the huddle sometimes.

Daley is winning this poll, but did not look good when he took the field 2 years ago and was out most of last year where he only started one game at LT which he didn't finish.  Why the love?

Meanwhile BC hasn't played a snap, but he sucks because he was taken 70th.

I understand loving Moton who was drafted 64th because he has shown he can do it.

The contrast of reactions to BC and Daley is puzzling.

Edited by SBBlue

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Moton was drafted  64th from W. Michigan U with a RAS of 8.46 as  Guard

and BC was drafted 70th from         BYU          with a RAS of 9.84 as Tackle

Daley was drafted   212th from     S Carolina    with a RAS of 4.92 as Tackle

I'm really confused by the huddle sometimes.

Daley is winning this poll, but did not look good when he took the field 2 years ago and was out most of last year where he only started one game at LT which he didn't finish.  Why the love?

Meanwhile BC hasn't played a snap, but he sucks because he was taken 70th.

I understand loving Moton who was drafted 64th because he has shown he can do it.

The contrast of reactions to BC and Daley is puzzling.

Arms are too short to play LT. Rhule said this himself. I think he can be a pro bowl guard though. He's a stud.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If we don't go heavy OL in the 2022 draft(as we should have this year), I am just going to assume we don't care about OL as an organization.

The draft some times dictates what you get but if Fitters hits just a few home runs this year in the draft it will be a lot easier to focus on a few positions next year.

• Beer 2