• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tremble going to be the “Fullback”?

Cdparr7

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Since Mason Stokke was waived that just leaves Mikey Daniel. Since Tremble was more of a H-Back in college it would make sense and give flexibility to the roster. You could keep Tremble as the TE3/FB and add depth elsewhere.

Has anyone at camp seen Tremble playing the FB role or has it been mostly TE at camp?

If he's not TE2 coming out of Training Camp then you can mark him down as a bust.

Ian Thomas is a terrible football player.

16 minutes ago, Zod said:

I've only ever seen him play hback

This. I see them using him as a TE/HB hybrid.

During the confidential video, before day 2 on the day 1 recap, Fit calls the scouts over and they are discussing who's left they would want to draft and he Fit says "Tommy Tremble, I know there's a lot of conviction from our coaching staff on how to use him". I found that wording to be particular. It wasn't to play TE or FB it was How to use him. We know they like tweeners and to me Tommy is a tweener. When I hear how to use him I imagine they have ideas on how to run certain plays or packages specifically to take advantage of his particular skill set which I see as more of an HB which is a tweener position anyway. he could line up in all 3 spots and then shift at the LOS or he could take on a blocking role but from HB instead of FB which I think would work well with out ZBS or send him out on a route from the same spot. 

With CMCs speed he often hit the 2nd level where you could sent TT to block and open CMC up. PLay after play and then every once in a while instead of blocking the LB he just flies past him for a wide open pass because no one is guarding him. This is why I loved the pick so much because he is so good at blocking, I think he can become a good receiver and with creative coaching he could be a very difficult challenge to opposing defenses for how to account for him. It's rare for defense to face a true HB and a good one at that. I think he will be able to help CMC get more big run opportunities in every game and offer big 3rd down and redzone possibilities with trick plays using him as a runner and receiver in misdirection's and such. 

His possibilities and potential excite me as much as Marshal's do. Marshal has the ability to be a big stat guy but TT has the ability to be a game changer in a different way. The 1 of a kind player way. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

As mentioned, he's an h-back.  He may help out which looks to be in a fullback capacity, but that's him in the hback role.  I'm sure he'll also be a TE2 in sets.  That's how I imagine him.  Could get 15-20 receptions this year but his impact is in an all-around fashion.

Could be next to SD in the pistol, could be outside and off the line from Arnold in the traditional H, & could be TE2 depending on the playcall.

I don't see us running the I or weak-I much in the Brady spread so don't really need a FB

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

As mentioned, he's an h-back.  He may help out which looks to be in a fullback capacity, but that's him in the hback role.  I'm sure he'll also be a TE2 in sets.  That's how I imagine him.  Could get 15-20 receptions this year but his impact is in an all-around fashion.

Could be next to SD in the pistol, could be outside and off the line from Arnold in the traditional H, & could be TE2 depending on the playcall.

I don't see us running the I or weak-I much in the Brady spread so don't really need a FB

Exactly. Also, from the HB spot he becomes almost an extra lineman instead of a lead blocker as FBs usually are. If our LT is having problems sending the HB across the zone area can really help there as well. In the DE speed rushes the LT TT coming across from the side can push the DE right out of the play and keep Sams blind side protected and things like that too

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

With the players we have now and the creative minds I believe we have coaching, this offense has the potential to be unique and very fun to watch as they could do things other teams just don't have the players to do. Interchanging them in different roles at different times and differently depending on the match up. Switching Anderson/Marshal inside outside changes things, Tremble, Arnold, CMC and Hubba doing different things could give defenses a lot of different looks and things to watch out for making them all very difficult to scheme against as you won't know what they are going to do. That doubt should keep defenses on their heels a little too which will slow them down helping our OL as well. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

With the players we have now and the creative minds I believe we have coaching, this offense has the potential to be unique and very fun to watch as they could do things other teams just don't have the players to do. Interchanging them in different roles at different times and differently depending on the match up. Switching Anderson/Marshal inside outside changes things, Tremble, Arnold, CMC and Hubba doing different things could give defenses a lot of different looks and things to watch out for making them all very difficult to scheme against as you won't know what they are going to do. That doubt should keep defenses on their heels a little too which will slow them down helping our OL as well. 

It’s the fruition of the “positionless” football player Rhule wants.   If Tremble can catch, block and run it gives the offense more wrinkles. Probably not going to get many calls as a fullback but if it’s something Brady /Rhule can pull off here and there the opposition has to plan for it..

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Maybe he is why they are not as concerned about LT as we seem to be.

This is what I'm thinking. They probably know Erving isn't great, but they're thinking Erving + Tremble = Above average. Then we can surprise people by throwing a few passes to Tremble on occasion.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The best case scenario for Tremble is he becomes a decent catcher of the ball.  We already know he can block, regardless of where we line him up.  If he can become a reliable catcher of the ball, it just adds that much more uncertainty to the opposing defense.

Consider the options if Tremble becomes a reliable reciever.

DJ, Robby, Terrace, Tremble and CMC are in the huddle.  What do you do?  Replace Terrace with Dan Arnold . . . now what?

Our offense has the potential, assuming Darnold gets his act together, to be the best we've ever seen here.  Yes, we have OL problems, but with those sorts of weapons any little slip up by the defense and SOMEBODY is taking it to the house.