• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady and Deonte - The Future of the Right?

Zod

3 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

You're telling me Pat Eflein and John Miller are better than them....

The guys they're blocking in this clip aren't starters, and the defense isn't game planned or fully schemed.

So yeah, while it's good to see them playing well, gotta remember it's still preseason.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Deonte Brown was a rhino on Bama’s line. He was the pancake maker. 

did people really doubt he was gonna do some of that at this level ? lol 

I know right?

But that just doesn't fit the narrative that our o-linemen are trash and we didn't draft any decent o-linemen.  

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

LOL.  

Oh no no....apparently just this thread.  The line-whine crew apparently doesn't want to post on this thread... wonder why.   Its funny, the very people who run around saying how important the linemen are, spend the most time trashing our linemen.  When our linemen do well, you would expect them to celebrate the progress on the line.    Instead of kudos, they go silent.  They aren't oline experts.  They are assholes.

You do realize those are the same people if the line is good, the RB is good, and the WRs are good, and the TEs are good, but we still suck on offense,...

who's to blame....oh Joe Brady not calling the right plays now.

But then again it's just preseason....

8 hours ago, Zod said:

Run Game

Watch Deonte and Brady move their guys here. Unfortunately, Someone else blew it (maybe 78 Trent Scott), but the right side of the line was solid.

The MLB made the tackle and was untouched. It’s odd to say but the massive space created, actually helped the defender with his read. 

4 hours ago, Rubi said:

I don't think anyone doubted he could be a mauler in the run game, the question was could he be agile enough to get his hands on people in pass protection or could he make blocks consistently beyond the line of scrimmage. 

BC and Brown looked good enough  against backups that I would like to see them against starters at some point in the preseason. We know that Elflein and Erving aren't likely to the guys. I'd much rather watch younger players with higher ceilings tale their lumps and potentially get better.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 6

8 hours ago, Rubi said:

Sometimes All-SEC OL don’t live up to the hype. There is one on the team right now who “some” said his ability shouldn’t be questioned because he was “great in the SEC”. Wonder who that was? 

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think anyone doubted he could be a mauler in the run game, the question was could he be agile enough to get his hands on people in pass protection or could he make blocks consistently beyond the line of scrimmage. 

BC and Brown looked good enough  against backups that I would like to see them against starters at some point in the preseason. We know that Elflein and Erving aren't likely to the guys. I'd much rather watch younger players with higher ceilings tale their lumps and potentially get better.

We might know it, but that's news to Fitterer, Rhule, Brady and Meyer who went out on the first day of FA and signed them both to decent contracts.

You don't go after two veteran, ex-first round picks, that aggressively if you don't think they're the answer. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Surprised a flag wasn't thrown on that first play for holding. Then again, it is preseason.

Meh, he kept his hand inside and held the jersey "between the tits". O-line gets away with that more often than not. It happens somewhere just about every snap.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, SBBlue said:

LOL.  

Oh no no....apparently just this thread.  The line-whine crew apparently doesn't want to post on this thread... wonder why.   Its funny, the very people who run around saying how important the linemen are, spend the most time trashing our linemen.  When our linemen do well, you would expect them to celebrate the progress on the line.    Instead of kudos, they go silent.  They aren't oline experts.  They are assholes.

Calling fans assholes for having the nerve of wanting adequate oline protection for the starting quarterback that you have spent months defending from any and all possible criticism is indicative of your general toxic attitude toward differing views. Yet others are the problem while you are the victim. Right. Personally I was good with both the picks of Christensen and Brown but the question was all the loafing back and forth about is BC a guard or a tackle and the big reason for optimism when we selected him was that he would hold down the right or left spot. As long as we can protect the quarterback there will be few complaints it's as simple as that.

13 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

You're telling me Pat Eflein and John Miller are better than them....

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Miller possibly. Eflein, unlikely.

People need to remember huge difference between what some teams expect out of LG and RG.  Depending on scheme can be a lot more pulling for LG.