• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Ravens are coming, The Ravens are coming

Zod

20 minutes ago, Tbe said:

We haven’t even finalized the starting O-line yet. Don’t put him back there until we at least know the best group to protect him.

Well we shouldn't still be shuffling the line at this stage the best thing for Sam is to build continuity yesterday so if we are truly that concerned for his health he might as well get his feet wet now.

44 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Like we did with Cam in preseason? That turned out well. Didn’t see you saying this then. Curious.

No thanks.

Trevor, Fields, Lance, Wilson, Jones ….all are getting reps.  I think every first round pick that is healthy was out last week playing but Horn and Pitts (rookie HC). 

Most of the people that are complaining about Darnold not playing don’t really care about him taking live reps etc….they’re just complaining  because they can’t see how he looks themselves. I definitely get it but we’ve waited months to see our new QB we can wait 10 more days (Rhule said he’s definitely playing the Steelers game) I’m absolutely positive you can find another position to be worried about instead of QB. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Trevor, Fields, Lance, Wilson, Jones ….all are getting reps.  I think every first round pick that is healthy was out last week playing but Horn and Pitts (rookie HC). 

Well despite what some here want to think of Darnold, and his age, I do not see him as a rookie. He should not need the reps a rookie does, not even close. 

I find it smart to not play the starters all that much during preseason. In fact, I’d question the need for vets to play in preseason at all. I believe it’s mostly just a way for clubs to make money. Teams can skirmish other teams. Where is the need? For third stranglers battling it out? Fine.

Preseason games are just an unnecessary way for a player to get injured (like Cam). Some vets refused to play at all for that reason…Peppers I think it was? 

If Darnold isn’t ready for the season it wasn’t because he didn’t play a couple drives of a preseason games.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I for one am not at all sad that Rhule is keeping his players under wraps. Less game film and less chance of freak injuries. I remember years with Fox we would lose half the team in pre season.

Yeah, the injury part is somewhat true. But, we also loaded the roster with injury prone free agents(some of whom have already been injured at least once this offseason). 

I don't like the sitting them all, simply because I think the reps are valuable for young players. That said, this is also going to be the longest season in NFL history. While we may bitch now about this new trend of only playing backups in the preseason, more teams are going to be inclined to do that with these lengthened seasons. 

It will be interesting to see how the NFL responds as ratings and fan participation drop in the preseason. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Zod said:

The Ravens are here. 

Matt Rhule has said the reason he wanted to have two joint practice weeks with different NFL teams was to give Sam Darnold a good amount of reps against other guys without the worry of getting hit. He felt this would be a good way to get Sam comfortable with the offense. Will it work?

I get it, but it's always a possibility of getting hit. It just seems they are handling him with kids gloves. Hes 3 year now 4th year starter, training wheels should have been off by now.

I think Sam knows what it is like to get sacked in the NFL.  I don't think we need preseason games for him to know what it's like. 

I would believe it is going to be just like the Colts practice.  Ones will get most of the reps in the two practices.  Twos and Threes in the game. 

The Panthers did a great job scheduling preseason.  We have 3 quality teams that we will play and 2 of them we have extra practices with.  

Rhule said we were significantly better after the week of practice with the Colts.  We still have a ways to go but we are definitely better than we were before those practices/Preseason game. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Why is he hiding Sam? Sam is going to get hit. Let the guy play football. He's protecting his biggest investment because as Sam goes, Rhule goes and they may follow each other out the door if Sam fails.

Rhule made a HUGE bet on Sam.

Most teams are approaching this pre-season different since the 17 game season was announced. Which makes sense to have your starters playing half of the last pre-season game, as opposed to the first.

Also, I don’t think we keep 3 QB’s on the 53 man roster, so it’s an open competition for the backup spot.