• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No chance

Mr. Scot

43 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We had Rivera and Hurney in 2019.

Just a talking perception to the outside world.  it’s understandable for them to be down on us.  

So what gets us out of the 5 win territory for an outsider?  Rhule and some GM no one knows is? Sam Darnold? 

I’m not arguing we are bottom 6.  Just I get people putting us there. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Just a talking perception to the outside world.  it’s understandable for them to be down on us.  

So what gets us out of the 5 win territory for an outsider?  Rhule and some GM no one knows is? Sam Darnold? 

I’m not arguing we are bottom 6.  Just I get people putting us there. 

It's just lazy, but sadly that's the state of journalism these days.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

mahomes just threw a red zone INT, so i can see the similarity between he and PJ now.

Chad henne had way better stats than mahomes tonight.  We should offer kc a 3rd rounder for mahomes.  They probably want to dump him to avoid a qb controversy. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

If we go 8-9 this year I will be thrilled because that is literally the Matt Rhule trajectory and with young talent too. (Also means @Toomers loses his bet 😂)

The roster doesn't have as many holes like people think it does it just doesn't have the depth that is needed to make it to February but it doesn't have the experience to be a 10+ win team)

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, CRA said:

Everyone has a chance…

but if forced to name 6 teams I would think most fans outside Carolina would slot us in the 6.  Hard to get overly insulted there. 

We were the 8th worst team last year, why would you think we’ve gotten worse? Seriously, we’re going to have to cut some really good players to get down to 53. Not to mention our schedule isn’t exactly loaded.

Yeah we were the 8th worst team, but remember we lost CMC. Our roster is also better than last season due to maturing younger players and our new draft picks and free agents. We've also upgraded the QB position in the eyes of Fitterer, Rhule, Brady, and our other key staff members. We're also in the cap sweet spot of only having a moderate cap hit for key players like CMC $6.8 million, DJ Moore $3.5 million, and Sam Darnold $4.7 million. That is dirt cheap compared to the insane cap hit they are going to cause next season.

Taking into account these factors and a few others I would say we'll have a better record than last season. I don't see us making the playoffs unless Sam goes out there and throws hot fire and burns this league down.

8 wins seems realistic if Sam is average. If Sam is poop then we could do worse than last season. The wait is almost over. Do we have an 8-9 type QB, or a superstar in the making? Almost there.

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yea we tied for 7th with two other teams lol. Whoopie.

However one of those teams now has their franchise qb and best prospect in quite some time. Jags.

I personally think the Bengals will be better. Falcons too. Raiders well.

I think the garbage teams for next year will be the Jets, Lions, Broncos, and Texans.

After that…the Eagles.

Then the Panthers. So yea, if I had to guess right at 6 next year.

I’m also curious who ranks at the bottom the past three years averaged….pretty sure we are def bottom 6 then.

The Jags and Jets needed a whole lot more than a QB to improve. 

The Bengals will probably be better, but then again, they are the Bengals.

The Falcons, IMO, got worse by trading away Julio and drafting Funchess 2.0.

The Raiders… Chucky and Daffy, enough said.

The Texans might go winless, The Broncos have Shanahan, the offensive genius expecting his QB to be Jesus. 

We are trending up! Ridding ourselves of bloated contracts, using the draft to build depth and using free agency as a short time fix. KEEP POUNDING!!

10 hours ago, CRA said:

In 2019 we had CMC….and only won 5 games too.  And we had Luke and those vets then.  CMC doesn’t overcome not having QB play.  

I covered qb play---I am not assuming that we do not have it now.  I said, "They are basing their opinion of Darnold on his play with the Jets."

We shall see.  Tonight is going to be interesting.