• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grier or PJ

I imagine that we will be scanning the wire for a veteran QB to backup Darnold.  If that happens we won't keep 4 QBs.  One will either be cut or sent to the PS. 

Now that Grier and PJ both have had the opportunity to run with the 2nd team offense who do you think has the upper hand for our 3rd string QB?

PJ seems to be more electric but Grier didn't hurt himself with the 2s. 

Week 3 will tell a lot after Darnold finishes the 1st half of the Pittsburgh game.

Whoever starts the 2nd half might be the one on the way out.  Give him one final shot with the 2nd team offense.

Thoughts 

• Beer 2

Let's just hope that after the first half of next week's game we've got at least one viable QB. 

Grier looked decent last night, Walker looked decent the week before. Neither showed much for end of the game heroics or working with what they had at the end (both were playing against the back-ups to the back-ups in their final sequences respectively). 

I'm not sure that we lose anything by cutting both and just picking a random back-up QB with some experience. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm not sure that we lose anything by cutting both and just picking a random back-up QB with some experience. 

Familiarity with the playbook.  If Darnold goes down for 1-2 games, PJ or Grier can game manage.  If Darnold goes down for the season then, yeah, it doesn’t really matter.

• Pie 2

Grier gets the nod from me for now. With the exception of the throw on the miscommunication he looked solid. 

Neither he or PJ are going to win us games with their play. If we only keep one and don't add a Veteran during final cuts then my preference comes down to which on helps Darnold get better behind the scenes. 

Is one of them better than the other in the film room, have a better grasp on the playbook etc. 

Backups should make the starters better. QB is no different. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Neither. Darnold needs a real vet behind him.

Easy to say, but the fact is that one of them has to make the team at this late point, and I vote Grier. He has shown development, and Walker has shown that he is what he is. Grier looked like a backup QB last night. I would like a vet, but they would have to get up to speed, and that takes time.