• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

need a Kicker?

Captain Obvious

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Teams head of us on the wire: 

1. Jacksonville - Josh Lambo

2. NYJ - Matt Ammendola

3. Houston - Kaʻimi Fairbairn

4. Atlanta - Younghoe Koo

5. Cinci - Evan McPherson,  Austin Seibert

6. Philadelphia - Jake Elliott

7. Detroit - Randy Bullock, Zane Gonzalez

I don't see Jacksonville, Houston, Atlanta, or Philly being a real threat to grab a kicker on the waiver wire. Detroit probably won't either. So really there's only NYJ and Cinci to worry about.

Jacksonville might drop their kicker. Lambo struggled last night and they are no strangers cycling through kickers. They went through 6 last year alone.

the "sports psychologist" thing is available for all Panthers players btw. and Rhule has spoken about how Slye took it upon himself to pursue that sort of thing this offseason, even going beyond the resources available from the Panthers org. Joey took it very seriously and tried to sort himself out. it's just it hasn't shown up in results yet. and he's definitely running out of time. maybe he already has.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Jacksonville might drop their kicker. Lambo struggled last night and they are no strangers cycling through kickers. They went through 6 last year alone.

They went through 6 last year because Lambo was hurt and on IR.

Edit: but even if you're right, that's still only three teams to worry about instead of 7.

Edited by trueblade

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2021/08/05/colts-training-camp-blankenship-pineiro-waging-kicker-battle/5501756001/

“That’s only some of the major news that’s come from Colts camp during the first week. And buried beneath the headlines is something that could have a major effect on the Colts’ prospects in 2021: A kicker battle is being waged. 

As of a week ago, incumbent kicker Rodrigo Blankenship and free agent import Eddy Piniero began their duel to win a spot on the Colts’ Week 1 roster. 

“Rod had a great year last year, but iron sharpens iron and Eddy is talented,” general manager Chris Ballard said recently. “Eddy Pineiro is very talented, so that will be fun to watch.””

You were saying?

are you fuging illiterate 

you claimed "Every other NFL team brings in competition for their kickers."

This is for one team. 1. 30 less than 31 needed for what you said to be true. 

shut the fug up

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

are you fuging illiterate 

you claimed "Every other NFL team brings in competition for their kickers."

This is for one team. 1. 30 less than 31 needed for what you said to be true. 

shut the fug up

Just go through the team rosters and news.  You might come out surprised and educated. I’m not going to spoon feed you, you big baby. 

4 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Pineiro is awful. I want to move on from Slye, but I'd keep the bum we have over the bum we don't know if that's the best we can do.

Exactly what I was about to post, Slye is bad but damn this guy is not much better. He has no leg so his touchback percentage is really bad. This is a pass for me, I would rather trade for one.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Touchback percentage is extremely overrated 

I was thinking about this when it was being discussed during the game.

Having a touchback every time eliminates the possibility of the return team fumbling and giving up great field position and/or touchdown.

Reversely, it also gives the chance for the return team to do the same.

There is some crazy stat about the percentage of winning when a touchdown is scored on a special teams play, I forget what it is.