• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

24 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

i hated the "dab" & never liked his superman crap

i did love it when he gave the TD balls to the kids...that was really cool

i liked the smitty show with jake better...no need for all the sideshow stuff...just win

Steve Smith was the definition of sideshow. He decked his own teammates and got into onfield altercations with opponents with regularity. Compared to that celebrations should be nothing to be concerned about.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Smitty would show his ass as much or more than Cam and his intent was rarely to have fun, it was basically a "fug you" to the opponent. I say that as a guy that considers Smitty to be thr best Panther of all time.

You have to admit though that some of Smith's antics were pretty funny and entertaining.  Sword fighting in the Buc's end zone, pretending to row a boat (I think that was vikings and buccaneers), and of course, the infamous ice up son.  Smith was a sports reporter's dream.  

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Smitty would show his ass as much or more than Cam and his intent was rarely to have fun, it was basically a "fug you" to the opponent. I say that as a guy that considers Smitty to be thr best Panther of all time.

That’s the way we should be treating our opponents 

20 minutes ago, frankw said:

Steve Smith was the definition of sideshow. He decked his own teammates and got into onfield altercations with opponents with regularity. Compared to that celebrations should be nothing to be concerned about.

I’ll give Cam one more….he got in some hot water when he tore down the packers sign at the stadium

i loved it when he did that

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yeah, dabbing, that’s why he won the MVP,  and for several years before injuries,  was ranked by his nfl peers in the top 10 players in the NFL along with millions in charity raised and given away 

He isn’t the one stirring up controversy   Fans own prejudices do and I’m not talking about only race .  

I would submit that there  are far worse literal crimes and criminals among NFL players than not fitting the conformist mold of what a QB should be 

but cheer up, Darnold checks every box in lacking controversy unless you count the over use of ‘yeah’, ‘like’ and ‘you know’ in his interviews   He should fit the non controversial  mold just fine   

His winning the MVP has nothing to do with why most people know who Cam is, lol. NFL peers have nothing to do with fans knowing who Cam is. And charity? What are you grasping at, dude? Sorry everyone doesn't love Cam like you do. They're allowed to not like him, you are aware of that, yes? And not like him for reasons other than race, prejudices, politics, etc. It'll be ok though. You can still follow him on Twitter or IG. Nothing will change for your hero. He can still be #1 in your life.

And why even bring Darnold up? We're talking about Newton. Are you sure you're even a fan of this team? Or did you just like having a superstar you could brag about as your favorite player?

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Folks against it use that as their current excuse "People with the vax are getting it, so why bother?" 

If most of the population was vaccinated there would be fewer people getting infected and a lot fewer opportunities for the virus to mutate and get much more contagious...and dangerous as it has now. With the country's current vaccination rate, there will be more mutations.  I fear that it will get to point that our current vaccines will not be effective. This new idea of "freedom" is literally killing people.  Belichick's statement was very irresponsible.

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

His winning the MVP has nothing to do with why most people know who Cam is, lol. NFL peers have nothing to do with fans knowing who Cam is. And charity? What are you grasping at, dude? Sorry everyone doesn't love Cam like you do. They're allowed to not like him, you are aware of that, yes? And not like him for reasons other than race, prejudices, politics, etc. It'll be ok though. You can still follow him on Twitter or IG. Nothing will change for your hero. He can still be #1 in your life.

And why even bring Darnold up? We're talking about Newton. Are you sure you're even a fan of this team? Or did you just like having a superstar you could brag about as your

I don’t have to be a fan of someone or a team to appreciate and give credit for athletic greatness.    It hurts me not at all  to appreciate things he has done for Charlotte,   or any athlete, in any sport, for that matter 

Darnold is the new ‘face of the franchise’ and that’s why he is brought up. QBs are supposed to be the leaders….so, I think it is appropriate for many, fans of the team all, that Darnold, seemingly lacking in flamboyance, should suit fans to a T 

Just now, 1usctrojan said:

QBs are usually held to a different standard…..WRs are the ones that are flamboyant, and tend to be drama queens.  Not QBs.

Not really, at least not in recent memory.  There's really no position you can point to and say that position tends to have the most divas.  Fame has strange effects on people in different ways. For most it was always there but they didn't have a large audience. 

• Pie 1

On 8/31/2021 at 10:42 PM, raleigh-panther said:

I let it go a long time ago.

I have an issue with fans who pretend Newton was just another player. He wasn’t. CMC has been made the de facto face of the Franchise as there is no one else.  He is a fine RB but he does not sell tickets or put butts in the seats   

there aren’t many super bowl teams in the Nfl in 2021 which do not have elite at QB   Tampa was a complete team with an average Qb and then came Brady 

Cam was an undeniably unique player, But 2015 was five years ago and hes unfortunatly a shadow of that player. 

The seats will be sold 85% psls if those butts are panthers fans or bother showing now thats anther matter. 

It is solem that we never got a SB in the Cam/Luke area two greats of the era for sure.

Also I woulnt call TB12 elite at this point....an elite offensive line is more important IMO. just look at what happens when PM and CN have Mike Lookout Remmers blocking for them in a SB.

21 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

And why even bring Darnold up? We're talking about Newton. Are you sure you're even a fan of this team? Or did you just like having a superstar you could brag about as your favorite player?

I can't imagine having this much hatred for a long time player at the most important position in football for your supposed favorite team. Whatever coping strategies you used to survive those years, maybe apply them to survive reading posts from people who are still fans.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s prob been mentioned in the 35 pages. This is similar to Kap. Cams not good enough to warrant the distraction he causes. Pretty cut and dry 

There was no indication Cam was a distraction in the traditional sense of the word in New England.  Now, being unvaccinated can create a distraction for the team in the covid era, and that carries a large risk with it all things considered. And it seems that is likely why he lost his job.

Cam is probably still better than some of the backup QBs out there, so it really depends on if he'd accept such a role, and if a team wants to risk an unvaccinated roster spot... He may be better than what HOU has starting too, lol.

• Pie 1