• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod Almighty's 2021 Carolina Panthers Season Prediction

Zod

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Yes.  We are MUCHHHHHHH further along now than at this time last year.  We should be vastly improved in almost all areas of the game.  I just cannot see another middling, 5 win season.  I honestly think we will do serious work this year and be in the run for a playoff spot.  

If the Falcons and Saints are average, this is a double-digit win season IMO. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I really, really, really hope the floor is a playoff berth.  I will be greatly disappointed with anything else.  I think a lot of it hinges on whether the coaching staff makes the OL changes needed early enough.

Those are a little high expectations, IMO. I can see several scenarios where falling short of the playoffs will still be a successful season. 

I just want to see clear progress from last season.

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep that’s what I am banking on with the chance Brady falls off as well.  If that’s the case the sky is the limit with this team.   Potential to win the division if all three happen.  

Funny you should mention Brady falling off. I'm starting to think this position number change is gonna hurt him this year. He seems pretty pissed about it......I love it now! Haha! It got on my nerves at first, but now I feel it has a greater purpose! Dare I say...

Richard E Grant Marvel GIF by Nerdist.com

I don't how to gauge last year but can say the draft was well done and that's how I'll measure the rebuilding years. Is the management making smart decisions and bringing in team players that will execute our scheme.

The O line is puzzling, but we see if more TE's or whatever the plan is works. I do think of D will be flying around and although will make mistakes, will be a blast to watch.

On QB, well we know an efficient two gloved guy didn't get it and even with the baggage the Don has, he will throw deep more. Remember the cajun kid that was a back up and was playing in the EU?  he turned out OK.

Igo right. there will be a wall and with this many Rooks , they are going to get tired at some point. I do think we will get some wins but will have a bad game or two, it all depends on how the team responds to big losses. I predict they bounce back.

9-8 is the correct answer but we have another good draft next year...

4 hours ago, Zod said:

It is now time for me, your ruler, to weigh in on the Carolina Panthers 2021 season. I have taken into account all variables, known and unknown, and developed what I think is the most accurate season prediction possible. 

Let us begin. 

Fast Start

Out of the gate the Carolina Panthers appear to be a team on the rise. starting 3-0 with talks of playoffs starting once again. While the team does look much improved, their early success is also due to the weak front end of their schedule. 

The Wall

By game 4 the Panthers will hit a wall, mainly due to the weakness of their offensive line. By then, teams will be working around Matt Rhule and his system of hiding awful players via scheme. At this point, Elfein will be benched permanently and replaced by Dennis Daley with Deonte Brown becoming the new starting right guard. The line does not improve immediately , but instead sees incremental growth with each passing game. By November they will resemble a professional football offensive line. 

The QB 

Sam Darnold will flash moments of brilliance but also inconsistency. However, his play will be strong enough for the Carolina Panthers to compete in every game. Darnold will also do what Teddy never could, win multiple games in the 4th quarter. 

The Emergence of the Dominating D

This season will mark the return of a punishing, dominating defense in Carolina. Derek Brown will come into his own as Brian Burns gets All Pro numbers. Jeremy Chinn becomes the field general we all want him to be as Jaycee Horn improves as the season transpires and develops into our first shut down corner since Bradberry. 

Conclusion

The Carolina Panthers finish their 2017 season with a 9-8 record, narrowly missing a wild card birth due to a tiebreaker loss. While disappointing, this sets up an excited fan base for the 2022 season with the playoffs a real possibility. 

I wish they had finished their 2017 season with a winning record. 

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Anything under 7-8 wins this season will be considered a failure of a season IMO.

And that failure will probably rest on one player - Sam Darnold.

If he even plays at an average level, this team will compete for a playoff spot. If Darnold fails…and we all know the team didn’t bring in another starting option, it’s going to be an awful, terrible, miserable season. 

If Darnold fails it will most likely be due to line play. IF…we can start building some consistency throughout the season on the line I think we can make a push for a wildcard. I agree that Deonte Brown and Daley will be starting hopefully sooner than later. 

I think 8-9 or 7-10 is slightly more realistic, but 9-8 is reasonable optimism (unlike these 12-5 predictions I’m seeing) and I can get on board with it.

Either way, I expect AT LEAST 7 wins to be convinced the Panthers are heading in the right direction. Anything less is a fail in my book.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, joemac said:

This is a fan site.  We have not even played 1 game yet.  The roster is vastly improved over last year.  What do you get out of being a downer before we've even set foot on the field when it matters? Everyone should be optimistic at this point. 

I'm predicting 10-7.  Darnold is more of a gunslinger than ol teddy checkdown.  That mentality will help to will us to some wins in close games.  Having CMC back alone is good for a couple wins.  Our defense is gelling nicely and will hurt feelings.  The Saints could be swept.  The Falcons and Buccs are possible splits.  That's 4 wins right there.  Our oline will hinder us but DJ, Robby, and Sam will hit it off and produce more TD's than last year.  10-7 get a wild card and yes surprise a team in that first round.