• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too much CMC, bad coaching, will take the W.

Dragoon11

Just now, OneBadCat said:

I think they got scared that Darnold would make a mistake so they fed CMC in the second half.

Really wanted to see them trust him to throw the daggers needed to put them away early. Hopefully the sheltering won’t last all season.

Yeah, they sure didn't seem like a confident bunch in the second half. We were dominating the first half, I just don't get it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

C’mon guys. You don’t open up the playbook week 1 so everyone knows what you can do.

A simple run game could beat the Jet so they went with that. 

It’s the smart thing to do.

This. You can open it up if you want to, but that puts more film out there. Good Thing/Bad Thing. We won, so keep some of those big plays in your pocket for later.

There are things to like and I'm happy with the win but if we show up like we did in the second half against the Bucs or Saints it's going to get out of hand fast. Don't get the hapless Jets for 16 more weeks. If you look at the best offenses in the league they are not one dimensional yet Carolina seems to be hellbent on this even if it means running McCaffrey into the ground. CMC is not built to be what they are wanting to use him as which is a battering ram. It didn't work for long with Superman who was built like a specimen and it isn't going to work here. Sorry but that's the rub.

• Pie 1

Same thing I said in the game thread: you have to test those corners.

I wasn't a fan of the play calling.  Just seemed to take the foot off the gas and go to Fox Ball (or Rivera play-not-to-lose mode). 

Our offensive philosophy got it done against the Jets , but most teams would've made us pay and  kicked our ass. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think he's referring to all the hard running in between the tackles.  I'd actually like to see CMC used as a receiver as much, or even more.

Yup, especially on third downs.  You ain't fooling anyone by putting him in the backfield on obvious passing downs, so you might as well line him up wide and try to get a mismatch with a safety.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2