• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn

NAS

Just now, Varking said:

I love PFF. I think its an awesome site, overall. I never really thought about if its zone then it doesn't count as them being targeted. Which does make sense. I will have to look into it. 

yeah it makes it sound like Jackson got beat.... and the only play I recall that was "beat" was the cover 2 play where Chinn didnt get over like he should have.

• Pie 1

The yardage is way off

Horn gave up 1 catch for 10 yards.   The 1 TD catch Horn gave up was a 8 yard pass.

Jackson gave up 58 yards.    Jackson gave up 40 alone on the long catch to Mims and gave up a 35 yard catch to Corey Davis earlier just between those 2.  

35+40= 75. 
75>58

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

The yardage is way off

Horn gave up 1 catch for 10 yards.   The 1 TD catch Horn gave up was a 8 yard pass.

Jackson gave up 58 yards.    Jackson gave up 40 alone on the long catch to Mims and gave up a 35 yard catch to Corey Davis earlier just between those 2.  

35+40= 75. 
75>58

We are starting to believe that when a player is in zone it doesn't count as them being targeted. 

Can’t really hate on him for the 2nd TD.  Good throw.  Good catch.  Solid coverage.  

We will get our first real look at Horn this upcoming week.  Jets had a rookie QB and a bad OL.  Winston and the Saints will actually attack our D.  It will show us a lot about the D overall and where we stack up. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

The yardage is way off

35+40= 75. 
75>58

You know net vs gross right? 

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

10M a year? That’s around 15th/16th highest paid CB. That’s CB1 money. 7M is around 29th. Better, but maybe still a little much for a decent CB2. New TV money is coming so 7M is probably OK, but more than that and I’d see if we could sign a better vet for a couple more per year. Donte had some good plays but damn if he still doesn’t let guys get open a lot. Even that one play he came back on, he was way out of the play but the ball had too much air and he was able to get back in the play and knock it away.

10m a year would be around 25th + next year.... I feeel like my range is fairly accurate and extremely reasonable. Especially if you look at other CBs in the league at that pay rate. 

47 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Horn is a rookie. He did pretty well against a poor opponent. 

He'll have his ups and downs. 

Not sure how much he was matched up with him but Corey Davis is not a poor opponent, in the vacuum of WR/CB matchup. Davis is a beast and clearly Wilson can sling the ball. Our pass rush helped too