• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Tepper ixnay #keeppounding chant?

RenoCarolina

37 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I've seen numerous complaints online about other issues that occurred on gameday as well.

Tepper needs to get it together.

the intros were totally screwed up

got in through the south gate faster than I have in recent memory, thought things would be tighter this time so we left our parking spot early in anticipation

Still, not convinced the lack of KP was Tepper's idea, he's been trying to build brand loyalty since he got here and this doesn't really fit into that mode, to me it looks more like something a freshly minted JA MBA would pull in hopes of impressing higher ups

Also we talked with a guy that was working at one of the Panthers stores up in the 500s. We was like dude y’all don’t have much to choose from up here, he said guess what they started doing, selling stuff from Fanatics. He showed us a couple things and the Panther blue color was off. He said they had changed things in the Human Resources and it has got worse. Sometimes change is not good.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

While I agree with your assertion about the drastic differences between the two (I've lived in both), I don't think that was motivated by Tepper believing that they're basically the same.  It's kinda just Business 101 to expand your reach and appeal to a broader audience.  I think that was just his attempt to do that.  I've been in Greenville SC for ~5 years now and I barely see any support for the Panthers.  I think the simplest explanation was that he was probably just trying to stir up interest in some South Carolinians like "hey this is your team too".

Also, there can certainly be some validity (and dare I say commendation) in trying to find some uniting entity to bring two very different groups together.  That's more just a general sentiment though, I'm not saying I think he was motivated by some virtuous attempt at unifying the two Carolinas...definitely more plausible that it was motivated by $$$$$.

Its not that he thinks we are the same.  I used the phrase 2 sides of the same coin.  Each side is different.  I merely suggest that he (along with most everyone not from here) believe we are rowdy siblings that have shared all experiences.  Additionally I dont think he considered just how petty the NC/SC "rivalry" is.  As mentioned earlier, BBQ sauce?  Chopped or Pulled?  Ketchup or Vinegar?  FIGHT!! 

I'm a native NC and as long as I've been alive SC has been a derogatory label.  

"Where ya from?"

-"Greenville."

"NC?"

-"No. SC."

- -  "get out"

14 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

This^

I live here in WNC. Most folks don't even know we have a pro team.  It's Clemson and USC with some Western Carolina and App State if you're in the foothills.  Nobody gives a sh*t about the Panthers besides me and @LinvilleGorgeand we don't even like each other.  

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

NC by and large has always been a college sports town except for early on in during the time of the Hornets and that was highly likely just feeding off the popularity of college basketball in the state. I can't even remember meeting anyone who gave a single flying fug about the NBA in over a decade.

I was born and raised in Boone and my dad still lives there although I haven't in almost 15 years. App State obviously reigns supreme but I never had any problem finding plenty of Panther fans around. 

• Beer 2

Haven't read the thread but pretty sure Tepper has no idea who/what RR is nor does he care. Pretty sure if the animated Panther thing is season-long, it cost him a lot of money so if he has to replace the chant so be it. He's a billionaire from Pittsburgh. It will take him a decade to get into a Carolina state of mind.