• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Genius..

The Huddler

Eh, it's the guy's first start and it's against a really strong Cleveland team. He'll probably be pretty good, but Fields will take some time.

We made a move that is looking like a genius one, and that's just great. Glad it has worked out that way, but there were some reasonable doubts going in. Sam's certainly looking like more than just the real deal, but possibly the steal of the offseason. (Along with Fox and Reddick).

• Pie 1

Im not gonna say these rookies are garbage or great. Look what it took for Darnold to start looking how he has. 

Good coaching + time + reps + coachable player 

Got to give time and allow a team to build and scheme around them

It truly takes 2-4 years to evaluate a rookie in my eyes

**closer to 2 if you side with the coach

**closer to 4 if you side with the players talent (likely make changes in the front office)

....but this is my opinion not facts lol

Edited by CarolinaLivin

2 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

The biggest thing I saw from Fields' debut was something that I heard a lot of scouts talking about with him and that he has a VERY slow delivery and it was clear in that game. The Bears suck and their gameplan was bad I agree but watch and you will see a lot of defenders getting around the WRs to break up the plays. This is because of that slow delivery. Once he pulls back to throw, the defender can see where the ball is going to and they have enough time to jump the pass. That's going to be a major issue for him in the future if he doesn't learn how to get it out of his hand faster. Someone is going to need to change the way he throws the ball or he won't make it in the NFL.

He cocks the elbow out in a way similar to The Golden Calf of Bristol but not as bad....like I said if only someone pointed that out....oh wait. Even with his not being as bad as Timmies its still too much for the NFL perhaps.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

He cocks the elbow out in a way similar to The Golden Calf of Bristol but not as bad....like I said if only someone pointed that out....oh wait. Even with his not being as bad as Timmies its still too much for the NFL perhaps.

It was in that game. I'm also not trying to criticize him just because. You could clearly see it was a problem yesterday. His receivers weren't way open and the throws were mostly accurate but the defenders were closing in and knocking passes down because it. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

There’s this weird thing that huddlers do where they think a prospect would look the exact same under a different system. I can’t stress enough how bad that bears coach is. I live around their fans. They HATE him.

We have one of the most qb friendly systems in the league. Fields would not look like this with competent coaching and a system that fits his skill set. He’d still make rookie mistakes and all of that but it wouldn’t be this bad. 

it’s also weird that the same posters ragging on fields but also championed the Darnold move who was literally in the same situation fields and Wilson find themselves in. Coaching matters, systems matter. You should know this by how night and day Darnold has looked switching systems and teams.

Also it’s just weird how some posters relish other random players failing. Fields is just a kid and has nothing to do with the Panthers.

Unless it benefits the Panthers I don’t really enjoy watching anyone get destroyed. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Also it’s just weird how some posters relish other random players failing. Fields is just a kid and has nothing to do with the Panthers.

IT has plenty to do with this forum. People were criticizing the staff for not picking him and said the coach/FO will be measured by Fields/Darnold....the measurement has started...not hard to fugin understand.

MFers gonna pretend like if he went for 400 yard and 4 TDs people wouldn't be like
"ahh ohhh but see hah"

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1

These rookies don’t pick their situation, and it’s a huge jump from college to the pros.  These QBs come from teams loaded with talent, and great coaching.  I don’t see where pro scouts and FO know one damn thing over a college prospect and his parents, about selecting the right program/coaching to fit their skill set.

What’s good for the kid I love, is good for them all.  Give them a chance, don’t judge by a few games, they have to take their knocks, may take years to know who they are.

28 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Unless it benefits the Panthers I don’t really enjoy watching anyone get destroyed. 

Kinda like posters here did with Darnold?  It seems to be a given that Darnold is garbage and will never be anything other. While Fields should be given the benefit of the doubt. 

The reality is all young QBs need coaching and a good team around them to succeed.  None of these kids can carry a team all by themselves.  Expecting any qb to carry a team all by themselves is ridiculous.  I keep hearing folks say this, but he can't carry a team on his shoulders, that is the dumbest poo I've ever heard. No qb can carry a team all by themselves. 

Rant over.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1