• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why do we keep trading our FA acquisitions?

BurnNChinn

I don’t understand why we keep trading everyone we picked up, seems like we give up on them to soon. I thought Arnold looked solid. Also Perryman is tearing it up in Las Vegas 36 tackles in 3 weeks to Carter’s 10. Seems like Carter isn’t even out there, I never see him kinda disappears in the game. I know I will get poo from everyone but damn I mean why the quick changes early in the year?

• Poo 3

Looks like Perryman is just a better fit in LV, and good for him! Regarding Arnold, the Jags need help at TE, and when you’re getting their top 10 CB from 2020, you can afford to give them your journeyman TE in exchange. 

Could Henderson suck and Arnold ball out? Sure, but the odds are in our favor, and while Arnold would have seen his catches dwindle as Tremble and Marshall continue to emerge, he’ll most likely be a major target for Lawrence. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t understand why we keep trading everyone we picked up, seems like we give up on them to soon. I thought Arnold looked solid. Also Perryman is tearing it up in Las Vegas 36 tackles in 3 weeks to Carter’s 10. Seems like Carter isn’t even out there, I never see him kinda disappears in the game. I know I will get poo from everyone but damn I mean why the quick changes early in the year?

Just looking at straight tackles for a LB can be deceptive and is not always a good indicator of quality of play. If a guy is the weak link they're gonna go to his part of the field over and over, and he might get a ton of tackles, wheras a lb playing at a higher level might have fewer tackles because his skill set allows him to be more effective in coverage so there are fewer throws to his man, or the tackles he does have result in fewer yards gained.

• Pie 5

Perryman and Arnold were both stop gap acquisitions. 

Carter Jr. beat him out in camp mainly due to the fact that Perryman couldn't even make it onto the field. While Carter's stats may not look impressive, he is one of many reasons Shaq is playing at the level he is. Carter may not be the most athletic linebacker but he is a very smart player and is rarely out of position. Shaq's poor play last year had a lot to do with Whitehead being constantly out of position and it hurt the entire defense. Now he doesn't have to worry about Whitehead fuging up and can just focus on his own assignments. 

Arnold is just a Jag and was brought in to cover the TE position for a year or two for what ever mid round TE we drafted to develop. Tremble has obviously impressed everyone and seems to be way ahead of where most thought he would be at this point when he was drafted. Hell, It didn't even seem like we had a TE on the roster last year and the offense still managed to put up impressive numbers.

All of the moves we've made so far make perfect sense besides our FA offensive line signings. Erving wasn't the worst thing in the world but Elflein is still a complete head scratcher. 

• Pie 8

26 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Didn't Rhule say that he did not want to include Arnold in the CJ deal?

It is what it is.

You have to give up something to get something and we got a way better SOMETHING.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Looks like Perryman is just a better fit in LV, and good for him! Regarding Arnold, the Jags need help at TE, and when you’re getting their top 10 CB from 2020, you can afford to give them your journeyman TE in exchange. 

Could Henderson suck and Arnold ball out? Sure, but the odds are in our favor, and while Arnold would have seen his catches dwindle as Tremble and Marshall continue to emerge, he’ll most likely be a major target for Lawrence. 

He can be quite the safety valve for Surfer-Boy(I call him that because he looks like one) in that he has a target that can catch the damn ball.

I look for Dan to have a big year in a lost season.  

Meanwhile....CJ, baby!!!

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1