• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why do we keep trading our FA acquisitions?

BurnNChinn

If the rumors are true that we were looking at Henderson in training camp it’s highly likely we kept as many te’s as we did in season for this opportunity. Jags were trying to sign Arnold in the offseason. I remember myself and some posters thinking it was weird we didn’t cut Ian. This was probably why. Tremble must’ve shown they feel comfortable with him in an expanded role to pull the trigger on this deal. Arnold is a solid player but is an atrocious blocker. We need a guy who can do both. Seems the staff is super high on tremble calling him this years Jeremy Chinn. 

perryman looked like he thought he could just miss practices and be the starter over Carter. Can’t play on this team if you don’t practice it looks like.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

We have only traded 2 - Perryman plays in a defense that allows short throws over the middle and doesn’t generate a ton of pressure.  He will naturally have more tackles than Carter playing in a defense where the QB can barely get the ball off.  And remember, tackles mean you allowed the catch or the runner made it to the second level.  

It’s also a situation of Perryman having more opportunities for tackles. Through three games, Raiders’ opponents are averaging approximately 16 more plays per game than Panthers’ opponents. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t understand why we keep trading everyone we picked up, seems like we give up on them to soon. I thought Arnold looked solid. Also Perryman is tearing it up in Las Vegas 36 tackles in 3 weeks to Carter’s 10. Seems like Carter isn’t even out there, I never see him kinda disappears in the game. I know I will get poo from everyone but damn I mean why the quick changes early in the year?

Perryman was hurt too much and Carter has played well. I've noticed him out there, and even if he isn't putting up highlight reels every game, you can't argue with the results. We've all but snuffed out the run game so far. As for Arnold and D. Moore, we drafted their replacements, which made them expendable. 

• Pie 2

Perryman didn’t practice because he was injured or just flat out didn’t want to. He was also vocally unvaccinated. Made a ton of sense to dump his ass.

Losing Arnold stings but considering how deep the Panthers are at TE it’s not going to sting for long. Once Tremble gets more snaps I think we will see him emerge. CB was a big need after Horn went down. I don’t think the staff trusts Bouye on the outside.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

There is a reason a team gave up on a top ten pick after 8 games, so that’s not a good sign. JS

Based on a few reports it looks like we traded Perrryman for the same reason the Jags traded Henderson, both players for whatever reasons couldn't get on the field, and the organizations decided to part ways.

One was a mid-tier free agent signing, who's probably not better than the guy we have starting now.

The other was a top 10 draft pick from a season ago whose potential is through the roof; you take that chance. 

• Pie 1