• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Cosell on Sam Darnold

TheSpecialJuan

59 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

eh, i never hated it

we obviously couldn't go another season with bridgewater, and darnold was their third choice. Deshaun didn't work out for obvious reasons, and Stafford turned us down in favor of LA. 

Team never seemed that high on any of the non lawrence QBs. 

I just don't think anyone expected it go to this well THIS fast. 

still plenty of time for the wheels to come off, however. 

Let's not think that way.

That's the Jets-Fans way of thinking.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

im just considering this year his rookie season and am not upset after three weeks

If you asked Darnold and he was honest - which he isn't going to be 'cos he doesn't air grievances - I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first time he's received actual coaching.

If you look at how much his accuracy and footwork has improved in 3 months with Sean Ryan it's pretty evident that he was getting by on minimal coaching and talent whilst at USC and the NYJ. 

He just seems incredibly coachable - or as you anime nerds would say:

Shiba Inu Meme GIF

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

"Texans have showed a tendency to play cover 1 out of base personnel on 1st + 10 and Panthers attacked that tendency with crossers off play action and play action boot: Erickson 25 yards, Marshall 23 yards"

Imagine attacking the defenses tendencies. I'm not sure our previous coaching staff ever did that. 

( it seems like Dallas also plays a high percentage of Cover 1 or at least they did against Philly.)

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, electro's horse said:

im just considering this year his rookie season and am not upset after three weeks

This is just about the smartest way to look at Darnold right now. Let's just say he did three years of residency in Hell's Kitchen's ER before really landing in the NFL. 

When considered through that lens, he's doing really, really well.

11 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

He's thinking because he's still slowly healing from the scars of the friggin' Jets receivers that could NEVER get open; he has moments of hesitation because he thinks the ball he throws might get picked off.

I know why he’s doing it.  It explains the hesitation.  After he makes a couple of those throws he’ll get more comfortable knowing where his guys are going to be.  Will he ever be PMahomes no-look-dime good?  Doubtful.  Efficient game manager with a flare for the big play?  Trending that way.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, trueblade said:

"Texans have showed a tendency to play cover 1 out of base personnel on 1st + 10 and Panthers attacked that tendency with crossers off play action and play action boot: Erickson 25 yards, Marshall 23 yards"

Imagine attacking the defenses tendencies. I'm not sure our previous coaching staff ever did that. 

( it seems like Dallas also plays a high percentage of Cover 1 or at least they did against Philly.)

I remember it was said multiple times during the Rivera era that other teams had said we pretty much did exactly what we did week in and week out without adjusting or changing much at all, and just expected the game to come down to our out-executing our opponent.  And in addition to rigged officiating, that's probably the next biggest reason we lost the Superbowl.  A very archaic philosophy if you ask me, but that had pretty much who we've been throughout our history.

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:
  • Cowboys have not played one snap of base defense through 3 games, They are a nickel defense (93% of defensive snaps) with 10 snaps of dime

• Cowboys high percentage cover 1 versus Eagles, It was their coverage foundation – Through 3 games only the Dolphins have played more 

smash mouth these fools. 

Good info but I just don’t think we have the o-line for that 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1