• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Start Christensen and Deonte Brown Next Week. There is no other option.

Proudiddy

At this point I'm pretty sure Rivera is coaching two teams at once.  Not playing young guys when vets are bad check.  Terrible clock management check.  Bad field goal decisions check.   No adjustments second half check.    One offensive player being a crutch check.  Yeah we won't see these guys play lol. 

• Pie 1

Also, the other reason I didn't mention Paradis is because I just don't think Rhule will bench him.  IIRC, he's been brought up as a leader in the locker room and such, and just seems to be well-regarded by the coaching staff, regardless of how bad he is in games.  That, and it just doesn't seem there is any clear cut better option than him despite how bad he's been...  Elflein is equally bad, and Tecklenberg is worse, so I feel like we have to upgrade around him because we're stuck with him.

If Brady plays I would put him at his natural position at left tackle first I don’t care how short his arms are he is athletic and brown is probably the strongest and most athletic guards we have why they aren’t playing is a mystery maybe this game will be the tipping point 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

Spoiler Alert:

Neither will play.

I expect as much, but it is maddening.  The staff has even said they saw starter potential in BC, going back to the draft and even after the preseason and seeing him against NFL-level competition.  Brown looked good to us, but it doesn't seem the staff is overly enamored with him.  But, again, from the outside looking in, both guys looked like clear-cut better options than the current starters.

We were spoiled by a decade with Kalil as our center. I still think we will trade down in or out of the first round to get those 2/3 round pics back. If that happens, there should be plenty of good to great linemen available to draft in bunches. We will probably go after at least one FA lineman as well. That will mean they’ve almost completely rebuilt the team in 3 of 5 years of the projected rebuild. It’s tough to be patient, but the only reason we’re all so mad about this loss is because they’re so far ahead of schedule.