Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Sober Thoughts - Panthers at Cowboys


Zod
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

That same Aints team with a full staff just lost to the Giants

They beat a good Packers team and smothered a New England team that took TB down to the wire... I would say NO isn't as bad as the loss to the Giants, or as good as beating GB, but some place between...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My prediction:  we will be in the playoffs this year.

Even after yesterday's poor performance, we've allowed only 66 points -- best in the NFC, and (probably after tonight) 3rd in the NFL, behind only Buffalo and Denver.

Only 1 team, Arizona, has a better record than our 3-1.

3 wins out of every 4 games we play will equal 9-3 when we reach our bye week.  Of the next 8 games we play, only Arizona has won more games than they've lost.

The team sounds like they took this loss as a wake up call.

This season is far from over.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before the season started If you told me we would be 3-1 at this point I would be ecstatic.

Without our best weapon we went toe-to-toe with a really good team on the road yesterday and were in it until the end. 

Size matchup vs our DL was a problem and that’s not surprising. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were up at halftime and eventually lost by one possession to a very good Dallas team that easily could be undefeated right now.  

We lost the game because of the 3rd quarter.  That's a bummer, but really I came away from that game optimistic as hell.  The offense kept humming.  The defense started making some stops in the 4th, although not quite enough.  

I feel great about where this team is at.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Chinn isn't a FS but we are forcing him to play most snaps at FS.

This is glaring. We’ve taken away a lot of what chinn does well by moving him to FS. 
 

I like Chinn in the box and making plays in the run game. Not chasing down receivers after blown assignments. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mc52beast said:

That same Aints team with a full staff just lost to the Giants

So you’re saying they’re bad ? 
 

Panthers benefiting from a stretch of weak opponents. 
 

nothing wrong with saying that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, usmcpanthers said:

^Im getting tired of hearing this. Week 1 aints great, week 2 oh no they are weak with covid, week 3 oh theyre great again, week 4 lose to the giants lmafo.    W's are W's nuff with excuses when we get one.  Anyway fug aints, fug cowboys, on to the eagles.

They beat a bad team. You’re just proving my point 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 7:23 AM, Rubi said:

It boils down to the Panthers had a cupcake first 3 weeks with 2 rookie QBs on bad teams and a Saints team led by Famous with a weakened roster/staff with covid and injuries. 
 

The secondary looked completely lost in the second half. I’m not sure if losing Horn was a reason yet. Their OLine looked like it was twice the size of our DLine. I didn’t like that matchup at all. 
 

They ran into a stud QB on a loaded team who will probably challenge for the NFC. Need to take this game and throw it in the trash and move on 

After reading your first sentence, I was prepared to poo you, but you're actually spot on. We faced 2 rookie QB's on bad teams, and a good NO team that came in cocky after taking GB to the woodshed. The fact that a lot of the coaches were missing certainly didn't help their odds.

Our secondary WAS out of sorts yesterday. It was the first game for the 2 guys lining up across from Jackson, CJ had only been on the team a few days, and AJ was signed to play nickel. Both are a huge step down from how well Horn had played. Luckily, our next "hard" game is weeks away, so they can hopefully improve.

Dallas really is pretty damned good on both sides of the ball. If they keep playing like this, they should go far into the playoffs. And we certainly didn't roll over for them. Without those 2 turnovers in the 2nd half, and blown call on the 1 in the 1rst half, we probably win this. On to the next game, Maybe we'll get that rematch in January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

After reading your first sentence, I was prepared to poo you, but you're actually spot on. We faced 2 rookie QB's on bad teams, and a good NO team that came in cocky after taking GB to the woodshed. The fact that a lot of the coaches were missing certainly didn't help their odds.

Our secondary WAS out of sorts yesterday. It was the first game for the 2 guys lining up across from Jackson, CJ had only been on the team a few days, and AJ was signed to play nickel. Both are a huge step down from how well Horn had played. Luckily, our next "hard" game is weeks away, so they can hopefully improve.

Dallas really is pretty damned good on both sides of the ball. If they keep playing like this, they should go far into the playoffs. And we certainly didn't roll over for them. Without those 2 turnovers in the 2nd half, and blown call on the 1 in the 1rst half, we probably win this. On to the next game, Maybe we'll get that rematch in January.

I’m glad you came to your senses sir 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It hurt to see out defense get abused in the run game.  At that point, they stood no chance. 

We have an incredibly bad quarter, and still was close to pulling off the come back.

Good job Dallas. 

Looking forward to how our young, talented, good team, bounces back. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, CatMan72 said:

Before the season started If you told me we would be 3-1 at this point I would be ecstatic.

Without our best weapon we went toe-to-toe with a really good team on the road yesterday and were in it until the end. 

Size matchup vs our DL was a problem and that’s not surprising. 

 

 

Sup catman, hope all is well.

I thought they were a 7 win team before the start, but I seen a decent chance at going 8-1 or even 10-2. I think believe they could easily pass my 7 wins number. 

 

 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...