• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephon Gilmore Press Conference

Kuhndog94

10 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Zane Gonzalez better give up number 5 or we better cut his ass before week 7. Stephon wore number 5 at USC and South Pointe High.

Unfortunately, players can't change their numbers during the season. #25 is available as is #9. 

Don't really care which number he chooses, I just want to see him out on the field.

21 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Unfortunately, players can't change their numbers during the season. #25 is available as is #9. 

Don't really care which number he chooses, I just want to see him out on the field.

I can imagine Eazy-E's reaction to that knowledge would be "WTF REALLY?". 

As is mine as I did not know that players aren't allowed to do this.

Jesus Christ, what does our Media Officer do?!

They should have run in and rescued Stephon 5 minutes into that interview. What inane questions that he can't answer honestly. "Would you have signed here? / Do you want to sort out your contract before taking the field? / What do you think of your new teammates and how talented are they?"

Dude has LITERALLY just got here. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

They should have run in and rescued Stephon 5 minutes into that interview. What inane questions that he can't answer honestly. "Would you have signed here? / Do you want to sort out your contract before taking the field? / What do you think of your new teammates and how talented are they?"

They ask these same stupid questions every time we acquire a player. Like they know this dude just walked into the building. Like they were there snapping pictures of him coming into the facilities. YOU KNOW HE JUST WALKED UP. 

They are just looking for any little slip up or whatever that they can misconstrue to stir up some drama or whatever. Get their clickbaity headlines and what not. People say these players don't seem happy to be here but really they just don't want to talk to the media. Why would they? 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I liked the questions "have you talked to Cam Newton?  What does he think or have to say about the Panthers?" 🤣

4 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I liked the questions "have you talked to Cam Newton?  What does he think or have to say about the Panthers?" 🤣

Him and stephon are really tight. I think that was a legitimate question.

all media asks these types of questions of every team it’s not just Charlotte and the panthers. 

They read the Huddle and they read Twitter and just try to respond to base level chatter. Sports Media is responsive now. They are not interested leading informed discussions. Though the demands of needing to have hourly takes on everything is an impossible task so I see why it has come to this. 

Just one media member not beholden to Twitter who could provide something thoughtful and researched would be nice.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Him and stephon are really tight. I think that was a legitimate question.

all media asks these types of questions of every team it’s not just Charlotte and the panthers. 

Those reporters know Cam Newton is a sensitive subject.  I think that it was more of a fishing question than you give it credit for.  Whether he's talked to Cam in the last 24 hours or not, I think his answer was wise.

• Pie 1