• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam old Sam ...

WOW!!

1 minute ago, Byrdman4real said:

I saw Marshall open, just like last week in Dallas. Anderson need to be benched for a game, and move Marshall to his spot and activate Shi Smith in the slot.

I can get behind this. Shop Robby for a lineman. Or a groundskeeper. Someone who can identify bears and cats at least.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Darnold was lucky to play for a big program in college. He’s been below mediocre to me since college. Saying one bad game is an excuse to an entire career of subpar games. 

He’s not the answer. Some people need to see it now rather than later bc we’re going to ruin the prime of a lot of actually good players. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

This is, without a doubt, the most correct thing said on this board all day.

As you are well aware, I was heavily anti-Darnold prior to the season but I just don't see how we could ever hope for him to be successful like this.

It would be different if he were failing completely on his own accord but that isn't the case at all.

• Pie 6

21 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s tough. He had an absolutely terrible game and you are right about every concern….but the line was as bad as I have seen it in a long time, and it’s been horrific all year. 

The Oline sucks for sure and Sam is just a average Qb in my eyes. That combo equals failure. Sure he would be better with a decent Oline, how much better? We will never know this season.

28 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

There isn't a QB in the league that could have worked behind that line with those play calls today. We had one receiving threat and a bunch of bad choices out there.

We had designed plays where our great hope was freaking Ian Thomas. Ian "Catch three balls a year and two are my own" Thomas. 

They blanketed DJ and put a waterboy on Robby. Terrace Marshall, Jr. stood around looking tall most of the day.

Yes there is. What a ridiculous statement. A lot of QB’s would have performed well enough to win. Sam had multiple open receivers including Robbie but he just can’t hit them in stride. Or he overlooks them and throws into double coverage instead. Sam has all the ability but doesn’t have the brain or eyes unfortunately 

• Pie 1