• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Rashawn Slater be great makes me sad and angry.

hepcat

22 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

seattle was never able to find an O-line for Wilson either

This - I mentioned when he hired Fitz that my one concern was how that organization missed on the OL over and over again.  Hope that isn’t a trend that continues here. 

33 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

seattle was never able to find an O-line for Wilson either

This is something that haunts me. Maybe Fitt will apologize to Russ when he leaves Seattle next year in the promise to make it right and get him protection.

Ultimately to come up short. Cuz that's just what happens here in Carolina.

58 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Doesn't matter if we got Slater. Its the interior play that is truly abysmal. Daley and Miller both gave up sacks. Miller had a false start and hold as well.

54 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Only Issue is.

as nice as Slater would be.   The bulk of our issues on the OL has been on the interior.

But what if the coaches played Slater at guard and Erving at tackle? Or vice versa? Either way might have improved the interior line as well.

17 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

With the defensive backs group we've assembled at this point we don't really even need Horn.

There is no way of knowing that those trades would have been available when they drafted Horn. So, taking Horn still makes sense since corner was a big need too. Personally, I would have taken Slater since I believe he would have impacted the game more if he played every game as part of the Oline that impacts every offensive snap. Corners, no matter how good, don't impact every defensive snap.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

Wish we had jumped up a couple spots in last years draft for Herbert and then taken slater this year 

Herbert would have meant no first rounder last draft at a minimum.

Or we would have made the smart decision to fire Rivera when the team was shitting the bed and we probably would have never beat Washington in a meaningless game.

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Only Issue is.

as nice as Slater would be.   The bulk of our issues on the OL has been on the interior.

This

We could have Orlando Pace and Jordan Gross as our tackles if Daley, Paradis, and Miller are still the "anchors" in the middle, all any team has to do is stunt their best pass rushers up the middle and it's sack city all game. 

• Pie 1