• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In support of Coach Rhule

PanthersATL

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule hired him.  Every play runs through Rhule’s ear.  

and we know Rhule has say.  Like when he wanted to call a stupid fake punt on his 15. 

and if you gave a competent OC the worst starting QB in the NFL and a horrible OL….they will suck.  As bad as Brady? Who knows.  Brady was always a project.    But they would suck too

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule hired him.  Every play runs through Rhule’s ear.  

and we know Rhule has say.  Like when he wanted to call a stupid fake punt on his 15. 

and if you gave a competent OC the worst starting QB in the NFL and a horrible OL….they will suck.  As bad as Brady? Who knows.  Brady was always a project.    But they would suck too

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. But here goes.

Sure Rhule calls the trick plays. But if you think he is in on every play call?

A competent OC can make the O work. Maybe not at Tampa Bay level. But better than where it is now. 

Yes Brady is a problem. But...how many OCs were at Rhule's beck and call? Rhule is good at addressing problems. Let's see how this one goes.

Just now, stbugs said:

Oh, I know that’s why this one is worse but you can’t say it never happened since 2010. Fox was on his way out then too, same as Rivera in that Colts game/end of 2019. We were 1-15 to end 2018-2019, the team quit multiple times.

They quit in the game against the Bengals in Jimmy Clausen's first start in 2010. Before it was a sure thing Fox was getting canned although that was the rumor

I think he's done a good job of assembling defensive talent and skill talent and the overall team is still green and young so growing pains are to be expected 

The offensive line moves have been pretty abysmal though. I understand thinking you can coach up traits but a little humility will do you some good bc some guys they signed have never played well in the NFL. 

Also I understand feeling the pressure from the owner to find a QB and trying to cover all your bases but Sam looking so bad bc you just expected to be able to coach him up is another example of arrogance. 

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I think we have our guy in Sean Ryan.  Very well-respected around the league.  A lot of experience working with talented QBs and WRs.  Matt Stafford liked him a lot.  I'd be surprised if he isn't next-in-like for OC.

We will see. I can tell you that Brady sure isn't getting it done. 

12 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. But here goes.

Sure Rhule calls the trick plays. But if you think he is in on every play call?

A competent OC can make the O work. Maybe not at Tampa Bay level. But better than where it is now. 

Yes Brady is a problem. But...how many OCs were at Rhule's beck and call? Rhule is good at addressing problems. Let's see how this one goes.

I’ll repeat it.  Every play goes through his ears.  And he has input and the ability to do whatever he wants with it.  

and no a competent OC is not going to do anything with a the worst starting QB in the NFL paired with a bad OL.   Overall he will look horrible.   Brady was a project to begin with.  You give what the Panthers did? Well, it shouldn’t be shock.    That’s on Rhule.  Brady is a freaking pass heavy offensive mind.  That’s what Rhule brought in.  

Nothing about Rhule’s tenure says he is good at addressing problems.  Tepper had a Seattle GM that overly values DB.  That doesn’t make Tepper good at addressing problems.  See QB and OL.  The two biggest problems and they are getting bigger and worse under him. 

Naw these guys are all the ones he signed off on, even when I had a bad feeling about it I still supported the initial moves thinking bigger picture, now it looks like he’s just winging it, no sense of direction on what identity and team he wants to build follow up by endless coach speak while doing the complete opposite of what he’s stated. Hell of a motivator but that’s all I can vouch for at the time. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Chuck Fairbanks - never heard of him 

Bobby Ross - who

John McKay - never heard of this guy either 

it’s not going to work out with Ruhle. You can keep searching for anything to try and convince yourself otherwise but when you get taken to the woodshed by Joe Judge I don’t know what else to say lol 

John McKay famously known for…”Hey coach, what do you think of your teams execution?”…McKay “I am in favor of it”

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Unfortunately we have a long history of quitting when we don’t have a solid QB that can win games. We might not be alone in the NFL in that regard. See Cincinnati this year compared to most of their history save some Kenny Anderson and Carson Palmer years.

We should have gone full rebuild instead of halfway with Teddy and hope and a prayer with Sam.

I agree, these half measures with veteran stopgap QBs only works if you DRAFT a QB. Having Teddy start while they had a rookie on the bench would have been a solid move. Even Darnold starting while Fields or Jones was on the bench. There's not even a veteran backup to fall back on to get us through this season. It's just going to be a sh*tshow for the rest of the season now.

8 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Hmmmm….. that debatable.  Unless of course that talent had given up on him, I’m which case he needs to go.  

lol  I like this one. "We don't have talent. But if that talent, that we don't have, quit on the coach, he needs to go."

No arguing that rebuttal.

If you can't look at this team, and see the amount of talent out there? That's a you  problem.