• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't think they need to make rush decisions about getting a QB. Looking at this upcoming QB class, they might be better off not taking one in the upcoming draft either. Odds are the Panthers will have a high draft pick again. Trade down to get a second and/or third rounder and use them on the Oline. If a trade down isn't possible, take the best Oline prospect in the first unless they are 100% on a QB prospect. But as someone else said, this staff might not be the right ones to select a QB. Same could be said for the Oline too.

Either way, Rhule will probably be here two more years. Brady and probably Darnold will be the scapegoats for this season.

Yeah, the QB class for this upcoming draft has turned to poo.  I might would take a chance on Howell in the 2nd or later, but we definitely need to invest heavily in the OL.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

huh? 

the reporting is the offer is on the table and Watson simply won't waive the not trade clause for Carolina. 

Every source is providing different reporting.  Because all they care about it reporting something. 

For the record I don't see why the Panthers would pull this trade given how many offensive lineman we need.

And look, I don't even care at this point if we get Watson or not.  I'm just so sick of people creating false and fake narratives to bash the team. 

You don't even need to do so to bash the team.  Plenty of stuff already to complain about.  But nowhere has it ever been reported that Watson said no to Carolina or would not play for Carolina.  Miami is simply his first option, for whatever reason, and he's only waived it for them so far.  He could waive it for Carolina if the Miami deal breaks down.  This has been known the entire time.

It is likely why Florio said on Tuesday that if the deal was to go down that day, it would be to Miami because he's already approved them.  Carolina's would take a little while longer.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, the QB class for this upcoming draft has turned to poo.  I might would take a chance on Howell in the 2nd or later, but we definitely need to invest heavily in the OL.

Top QBs do not last till the 2nd round, even if that is their grade. The top 3 QBs will go round one regardless if they have a 1st or 3rd round grade. Teams need QBs.