• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

42 minutes ago, Memphis said:

What is the tax difference between Carolina and Florida?

Exactly.  Everyone flipping out and saying it's the owner and coaching staff.  It may not even be football related.  The tax difference is huge and believe it or not a lot of people actually would prefer to live in Miami over Charlotte.  The stafford conversation is the same.  LA and Charlotte are totally different things.  He was also on vacation with McVay at the time they announced the trade.  There are a lot more possible factors than we know for all the fans and their doomsday scenarios. 

Just now, CRA said:

I mean is any report 100% correct? No. 

But literally every local beat writer, national beat writer, everyone plugged into Carolina and Houstonj....like literally everyone,  have confirmed we have indeed attempted to get him and it hasn't worked to date.  

So I get disagreeing with believing a singualr report as 100% true.  To say we aren't interested, doesn't seem grounded in literally anything. 

I don't think anyone has reported we aren't interested though.  Just that we pulled out but would likely pull back in the offseason when his legal situation is cleared up.  

But again, as Florio said, that is dependent on the Miami/Houston deal holding up.  If for some reason it broke down later this week, then who knows.  But in all likelihood Watson is not traded until the offseason.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not that I am in denial, but I also wondered if the initial report that we're out is part of a bigger game of chess.  

As in, maybe we aren't actually out, but playing a game of leverage...  I think the Texans have been putting stuff out to up the bids, and I think this could be a counter to that.  I also always found it curious that in every other big deal we have completed, there was absolutely ZERO rumors connecting us to them until they happened.  Fitt seems to like to move in silence.  So, the fact that we had these reports openly linking us to the deal never sat right with me, as our FO appears to be able to keep stuff pretty close to the vetlst while they're working it...  again, it makes me think this is something else.  I think the Texans have been pushing a lot of the news out there over the last week to up the ante.

Yeah, I think Fitt just called this week to check in on the deal and it's gotten blown out of proportion. Tua has looked good since coming back from IR so this could all be the Texans panicking before the trade deadline. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, the tape on Willis says 2nd round or later pick to me. Honestly, he looks like a 4th rounder IMO.

He's all tools and projection. For every one Josh Allen, there's 30 Jamarcus Russells. Pass unless it's 3rd round or later, which won't happen because some team will fall in love with the tools and draft him in the top 40 picks. 

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

If that happens, it won't take 4-5 weeks to do so. If Robbie and DJ have started making business decisions the last couple weeks on certain throws, it won't take long to go from that to just not trying at all. The rest of the team will do the same. May take two weeks or less depending on how all this affects the team's morale.

Laying down isn't quite that. More like just playing for yourself and not the team. If you stop trying, it reflects poorly on you and is bad for business. If you only give a poo about your production, that is what laying down in professional sports looks like.

Basically, "fug this team, I am gonna get mine." That was the latter half of 2019 when everyone involved saw what was coming. That was why you saw Luke getting so upset during the games.

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

From the beginning I've believed and maintained the Texans shouldn't and wouldn't trade him nor do I think they've had any material negotiations whatsoever...

...all the "rumors" originate with Watson's agent (David Mulugheta) in a failed effort to stoke the fire.  

That said, it's possible the "Miami only" rumor is true (again from Mulugheta) and if so it's simply Mr. Whip-It-Out wanting to be traded to a "destination" vs. a team/organization...

...Mr. W.I.O. is all about the South Beach scene

Aren’t you the guy who said there was no way the Texans were going to pay Watson and not force him to play?

• Poo 1

Just now, Smittymoose said:

He's all tools and projection. For every one Josh Allen, there's 30 Jamarcus Russells. Pass unless it's 3rd round or later, which won't happen because some team will fall in love with the tools and draft him in the top 40 picks. 

Well, the class is very weak but teams are going to gamble because they are QB desperate. Don't be surprised if we aren't one.

Honestly, if the Cardinals/Jets scenarios have proven anything, it is that these rookie QB contracts make it easy to pivot. It is much more beneficial to play draft QB roulette until you get the right guy. You can dump them in the first couple of years if they don't pan out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1