• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

People still believing in Rhule: could he do something that would make you want him gone after this season?

It could take a legit 5 years before this crew is ready at this rate. They just don't have the NFL experience yet, that's on Tepper for letting this staff be built without at least one old NFL hand. 

Even a house cleaning wont fix the fact someone has to hire the next staff. Tepper isn't ready, his staff isn't ready, poo rolls down hill. There is no easy fix.

I still think Rhule runs after this year. I would. What an undesirable job right now.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

This may be another Pete Carroll situation where the ability is there, just not the needed NFL experience.   

Tepper may want to bring in a former HC as consultant/mentor for Rhule, along with a veteran NFL OC.  Anything to shorten Rhule's NFL learning curve.

Otherwise there has been little so far to indicate Rhule is going to figure it out on his own by year 3.   

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Like if he loses every game left on the schedule or something like that? Or are you committed to giving him a year 3 no matter what?

He doesn’t lose games. The players do. Why don’t people understand that? Franchises that make drastic changes in two tough years based around COVID, are destined to be garbage. Give the guy 4 years to get it figured out. 

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Like if he loses every game left on the schedule or something like that? Or are you committed to giving him a year 3 no matter what?

It'd have to be something non-football related.  They have barely dipped a toe into improving the offense.  I think the coaches know that.  Rhule & co have proved enough on the defense to have another offensive minded draft.  Darnold sucks bad and I think he is the real problem.  It's honestly the biggest change from last year to this.  We did not have these issues last year; not like this. 

My biggest question for the coaching staff is essentially why can't you evaluate a qb?  If they can't pick a QB who has the ability to be a starter, then they aren't going to cut it.

My opinion and 2 cents here.

It’s year 2 for the staff. 

Sam Darnold might as well have been less than a rookie when we got him because he had Adam Gase, who in my opinion can’t teach anyone anything about football. 

We all want to win, but do people honestly expect to go super deep with the second youngest team in the nfl and a new system/quarterback?

There is no oline, no quarterback is going to be able to compete at their best running for their life.

As much as it’s a “win now” league, this is a patient process. You can’t burn the building down because they’ve lost 4 games. Most of those games they’ve been competitive in and arguably should have won some, which is a positive thing.

Idk if Darnold is the answer but you can’t completely judge him right now based on other factors out of his control. Has he made some bone headed plays? Sure. Is all he knows running for his life and playing scared? Yes. Get him some oline help and then let’s talk.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

He doesn’t lose games. The players do. Why don’t people understand that? Franchises that make drastic changes in two tough years based around COVID, are destined to be garbage. Give the guy 4 years to get it figured out. 

This is a stupid argument. Who acquires the players? Rhule. Who coaches the players? Rhule. 

You're just asking for a 48-game losing streak.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

14 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Other losing than losing every game the rest of the season....if he starts bangin lil boys in the shower, I would definitely want him gone 

• Poo 1