• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well let's just hope he first finds a way to recover 'cause concussions are no joke.  

Well, if he doesn’t, several folks here will get what they want….a high first round pick, rookie QB and they can trade Sam as a back up, hopefully to a decent team with a serviceable oline, a first in his pro career.  You play the hand you’re dealt.

• Beer 3

33 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Because hardly anyone comes back the next week after a concussion anymore. It's very rare anymore with the protocol requirements. I mean just think back at the missed time for the concussions on our team the last 5 years. Missing at least one game is basically a minimum anymore.

do you have any supporting evidence for QBs this year? Bc right now top of of mind tells there have been 2 out of 2 QBs who had concussions, played the next week. Daniel Jones and Mahomes.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

do you have any supporting evidence for QBs this year? Bc right now top of of mind tells there have been 2 out of 2 QBs who had concussions, played the next week. Daniel Jones and Mahomes.

I didn't say that it doesn't happen. And it doesn't have anything to do with position, it's just the protocol requirements that make it rare. Having to be symptom free for so many days before playing etc etc. That and his hit was fairly violent, I'd say it's almost guaranteed he misses at least one week. He might luck out, but I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This is the average, and its from a couple of years ago, so take it fwiw.

https://www.newswise.com/articles/return-to-play-after-a-concussion-is-19-days

Sports medicine researchers at Henry Ford evaluated data from the 2012-2015 seasons and found that players who sustained a concussion returned to play on average 19 days later. That’s the equivalent of missing about 1 ½ games.

They do sometimes return sooner, just depends on the circumstances.  

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Also Mahomes never had a concussion. He cleared protocol. He was pulled as a precaution.

2 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I didn't say that it doesn't happen. And it doesn't have anything to do with position, it's just the protocol requirements that make it rare. Having to be symptom free for so many days before playing etc etc. That and his hit was fairly violent, I'd say it's almost guaranteed he misses at least one week. He might luck out, but I doubt it.

To be quite honest, I'd err on the side of caution even if he's cleared for next week.

Belichek was the one who had Sam see Ghosts.

I'd prefer keeping him and his concussed self away from that for another week.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'm happy with his effort and he bounced back well enough but Joe Brady has to understand he does not have Cam Newton. Do not put your qb in jeopardy when you have a run game going like we did with Chuba and Abdullah.

No offense but you aren't putting a real QB in danger. Darnold is expendable on offense.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

No offense but you aren't putting a real QB in danger. Darnold is expendable on offense.

Wow.  I hope that was the last play of Sams’ Panthers career…..you get a high draft pick with your 1st, but if you don’t fix that line, your rookie will be expendable even if you don’t wish it.  Backup gig is not bad in the NFL.

Maybe that was Brady’s plan, so he can get his own young QB. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, 1usctrojan said:

Wow.  I hope that was the last play of Sams’ Panthers career…..you get a high draft pick with your 1st, but if you don’t fix that line, your rookie will be expendable even if you don’t wish it.  Backup gig is not bad in the NFL.

Maybe that was Brady’s plan, so he can get his own young QB. 

I doubt it was the plan. I am just not gonna cry crocodile tears for a guy that is 100% not the answer. 

It isn't important what we have at QB now. They both suck royally. It's about the running game and this defense. That is our only avenue for success in the short term.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1