• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

14 minutes ago, hepcat said:

What could happen that will make the team better at this juncture in the season? The problem is Darnold plain and simple. Second problem is Joe Brady and his juvenile play calling. Can’t readily go out and find better replacements for these guys midway through the season. 

Tepper should just put out a statement apologizing to the fans for the miserable season and vow to get it fixed this off-season. Knock the ticket prices down for Panthers fans. With all the tech we have these days there has to be a way to weed out the opposing teams fans.  

I propose a Squid Game - Red Light, Green Light type situation.  If you show up at the game in opposing teams colors, the automated AI snipers take you out.  Simple as.  I  bet after a week or 2 hardly any opposing fans show up! 

6 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Is this sorta like,  Rhule saying we were going to run more after the Philly game, only to not run more in the next game ?   

I don't like mid season changes.   BUT ..  what can it hurt. 

We will probably win 1-2 more games.  This will not settle well with the masses.   

In Sam Darnolds presser,,  said he needed to not turn the ball over.  That if it isn't there , throw it away,,  and if he's out of the pocket make better choices.   THAT'S what we are hearing every week.    PJ is not a viable answer. 

True, everyone calling for Sam to be benched is just pissed and being narrow-sited.  Does anyone REALLY think PJ will turn this offense around?  Let Sam do his thing this year and we will, unfortunately, have to revisit the starting QB situation in the off season and either cut Darnold or make him the backup.  Throwing mud at the wall at this point accomplishes nothing.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

34 minutes ago, Zod said:

From what time hear there is a ton of tension constantly in the building. Everyone, and I mean everyone employed is feeling it.

Tepper ain't happy. Pissed in fact. Something could happen this week.

Not only will nothing happened this week, but nothing will happen after Week 17 and our 10th consecutive loss. 

It all boils down to the OL.  Darnold was gun shy yesterday.  As soon as he saw pressure, he did a 360 degree pirouette and started running for the sideline.  His grounding, his failure to read the defense and deliver the ball on time--all products of a bad OL.  However, that is not to say Darnold is without blame--he could be David Carred by now--blinded by pressure to such a degree he can't see beyond the OL.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

is there blame to be had on the coaching staff? sure.

is there blame to be had on the field, where a few high-expectation players are just not performing to the best of their ability? definitely.

will changing coaching improve the on-field play? still to be seen...

has there been any talk of a Players-Only meeting happening soon? If not, there probably should be. I'm sure Robbie has something to say - and I'd like to hear it.

9 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Hopefully something good and sooner than later.

What good could possibly happen at this point in the season?  There is nobody worth a poo out there to come in and play QB (Cam is NOT coming back).  No good coaches sitting on the street right now waiting for our call.  We have to roll with what we've got unfortunately. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, CRA said:

The one actual epsiode of the PJ show.....was better than what we have seen the last 5 weeks.  Just a fact.   Go check the WR production in the Lions game.  PJ might give you turnoevers and dumb plays.  But the only time he started he got the ball into the hands of the WRs.  WRs had the most yards in the PJ game than any other last year I believe. 

It's actually not a fact.  The dude threw 1 TD and 2 INT's in his only start ever.  That's very Darnold of him.  His games off the bench have been far, far worse.

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Give the best QB coach in the NFL Jimmy Clausen.  He is still Jimmy Clausen.  

It's a talent driven league.  Even a talented OL groups are setup to fail in today's NFL.  There is no coaching up 4 guys who are backups all lined up beside each other that is going to make a really bad QB look good either. 

I was referring more to the o line. It’s the same thing week in and week out.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

If Matt Rhule gave Joe Brady me? What do you think his playcalling would be? Well, he would call a run every down.  It wouldn't work out well but that is all Joe Brady could do.   Would that make Brady a juvenile play caller?   Actually, he would run the wildcat every play and put me pointlessly outside.  Even me taking a snap would be too risky.   That is just an exagrerrated view of Joe Brady's life right now.  

Sam can't do basics.  Yet people want Joe Brady to do scheme up a bunch more stuff that is over Sam's head. 

A different way of thinking…

Surely if we are struggling with basics we need to be more creative with our design and calling. We need to find the “free” plays where we take advantage of opposition approaches. I don’t believe is reported to struggle learning things, just his decisions when things are live.

Dialing back to more simple plays into the oppositions hands as they have a much cleaner and simpler view of what’s about to happen. Exhibit A is the progressively increasing view of people reading routes, sitting on routes. They always have Sam’s first read locked down and we know he struggles looking beyond that.

So call something that takes advantage of that… do something, anything different. When was the last time our play actually gave Sam his first option with a high percentage throw.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

So you want to fire Fitt?

Tbh, I wish we could fire Tepper and then work our way down. 

If Fitt made that decision, then yes. We were fleeced by the Jets and to top it off, we picked up his 5th year option without seeing him snap the ball once at practice. 

Dumb, dumb decisions.  

• Pie 2