• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This'll piss you off

Khyber53

11 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

The top PFF graded players from the game yesterday were

Stephon Gilmore 83.0

Jeremy Chinn 81.5

Marquis Haynes 80.03

Michael Jordan 75.3

Not arguing, just saying... 

All three arrived during Rhule era

Chinn was a Hurney pick. Haynes actually is a Hurney/Rivera guy who has been on the team for four seasons. Gilmore was a Pro Bowl guy that came from Belichick's bunch and Michael Jordan was brought into the league by the rebuilding Bengals three years ago and was scapegoated for Burrough's injury. 

Not sure I'm gonna tout those as wins for Rhule/Fitterer. 

Got curious so I went and did a quick breakdown. Surprisingly, both sides of the ball have had significant starts by 7 Hurney players, 2 Gettleman players, and 5 Fitterer players.

Meanwhile, we have had 7 starters on offense that came in under Rivera, another 7 that came in under Rhule (the reason for being over 11 is that I've included Daley + Jordan as they've made multiple starts at this point). On defense, however, we have 8 starters that came in under Rhule with 4 that were here under Rivera (I included Horn with the defensive starters, hence the 12).

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i mean fitts has been here for one offseason, so the numbers don't exactly stack up in his favor. his guys are mostly free agents on a cash strapped hurney'd salary cap and rookies (who are either injured or playing on an offense missing some chromosomes.)

front office is still in better shape than it was under hurney and it ain't even close.

Hurney's front office was terrible and he left the team in shambles, I certainly wouldn't think he deserves the job as a GM anywhere. He ended up with the Redskins, but maybe they do deserve him due to karma.

Saying that, just because we've had a change doesn't mean we have someone competent in the job. He may actually be less competent based on draft picks, evaluation of free agents and handing out contracts apparently based upon grades at Temple.

There's got to be better folks out there available than Fitterer and Rhule and Brady and Co.

• Pie 1

The Rhule / Hurney and the Rhule / Fitterer drafts both look to be promising classes. 

Don't let the frustration misguide you. 

Right now we're all pissed because:

1) Darnold is horrible

2) The OL is in bad shape

If you look at how they attacked the defensive shortcomings, I'm inclined to believe the offense will receive similar attention as we have the cap space to do so. Rookies on the OL are also hit or miss, I'd rather see us spend some on proven veteran acquisitions / supplement the depth with a couple of draft picks so they can develop.

I don't see where we are trying to put the blame on the draft.  We've had more players take the field from our draft class than any class I can remember.  While most (actually all) aren't going to make the Pro Bowl they have shown flashes that give us hope.

Brown and Christensen I think are because our O-line coah and OC are garbage.  At this point putting Christensen into the fire is probably the best thing we can do.  I had high hopes for Brown and IMO they are putting too much stress on the weight issue. The guy was a bull dozer in college.  They should have given him a shot.  IMO there is no way Christensen can do any worse than what we have seen this season. 

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Chinn was a Hurney pick. Haynes actually is a Hurney/Rivera guy who has been on the team for four seasons. Gilmore was a Pro Bowl guy that came from Belichick's bunch and Michael Jordan was brought into the league by the rebuilding Bengals three years ago and was scapegoated for Burrough's injury. 

Not sure I'm gonna tout those as wins for Rhule/Fitterer. 

LOL, so basically what you're saying is the rookies aren't sensational players right out of the box and this pisses you off?

Everyone last year was a Rhule pick. Hurney was not involved. 

3 hours ago, hepcat said:

the offensive line isn't good but darnold makes it looks worse holding onto the ball for so long even when he has a clean pocket. a good offensive coordinator could scheme quicker throws and play action to manufacture more time to pass. the biggest issue really is darnold doesn't process coverage well. even when brady schemes open guys, darnold either doesn't look at them, throws to them too late, or throws a terrible ball. bridgewater could at least read a defense, even if his arm talent couldn't challenge them. 

When you are scheming guys open for a struggling QB its not the 3rd or 4th read. A struggling QB needs his 1st or 2nd read to be open. Joe Brady is ass. 

Mac jones had easy mode passes all day to his 1st or 2nd read, some of his throws were already decided before the ball was even hiked. This is how you build a young QB who is having problems with his confidence and the NFL game speed.  

Yes Darnold sucks, but he did not suck this bad the first 3 or 4 weeks, wtf happened? 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

When you are scheming guys open for a struggling QB its not the 3rd or 4th read. A struggling QB needs his 1st or 2nd read to be open. Joe Brady is ass. 

Mac jones had easy mode passes all day to his 1st or 2nd read, some of his throws were already decided before the ball was even hiked. This is how you build a young QB who is having problems with his confidence and the NFL game speed.  

I do think the guys Brady is scheming to be open are his first read. The problem is Darnold is either too slow to process it, or the offense is so predictable that defenses are keying in on those guys now and forcing Darnold to go elsewhere with the ball. Then the pressure gets to him and he's flushed from the pocket and all hell breaks loose. No matter what it is, it's all broken, the offense is as bad as it has been since 2010, and something has to change. It's pathetic.

• Pie 1