• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan on meeting with Cam

ncfan

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Hey Cam, you can come in and play for a couple weeks and then Matt will bench you for Sam at the end of the year.  Then we will dump you again.  How does that sound? 

I mean,  if that is the pitch but worded pretty?  

Cam should say no.  Then this front office will make the Cam the bad guy. 

He's not getting benched for Sam. That's crazy 

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I don't want to have fun at the expense of watching Cam get abused on the field. I would rather not watch him damage his legacy further by throwing bad passes everywhere because he doesn't have it anymore. Im not a selfish fan. That's not the last memory of him I want to see personally. 

He's still got it. Especially HERE. This will be a Cam Newton friendly offense for the first time since Chud.

No worries my man. Enjoy like it's our last.

• Beer 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Nah, if they had already been talking to him, as being reported, no doubt the plan was to have him take over for Darnold.  Cam wasn't wrong when he said teams couldn't bring him in as a backup because he is too big of a star...  they don't make this move if they are planning to sit him.

I don't know why people keep trying to push the narrative that Rhule still believes in Darnold.  REGARDLESS of what you think about Rhule (not trying to get in that debate here), but it is clearly, so blatantly obvious that Rhule has given up on him.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he never started another game here, even if he's on the roster in 2022, unless we fail miserably in the offseason at finding a potential starter.  

You don't say what Rhule has said about Sam if you believe in him long-term.  Dude didn't even try to use the injury to excuse his behavior, said he didn't see any signs on film that his shoulder was an issue.  You'll never see a starting QB thrown under the bus that hard

This reeks of "we won't make the playoffs and things aren't good, so let's throw the fans a bone to distract them so they keep on supporting us because we are doing the popular thing, but not actually building a championship team". It's a head fake from the ineptitude of Rhule and Tepper.

• Pie 1

Cam would THRIVE behind this line. Remember, he had Byron Bell, Nate Chandler, Mike Remmers, and at one point, Sione Fua (in training camp at least). 

At least they're talking to him. For what it's worth, at least it repairs bridges to where some day he can return in the ring of honor. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't want to have fun at the expense of watching Cam get abused on the field. I would rather not watch him damage his legacy further by throwing bad passes everywhere because he doesn't have it anymore. Im not a selfish fan. That's not the last memory of him I want to see personally. 

If we use him like CMC early in the year, I am 100% with you. If we use him like CMC last game then I am very intrigued. Cam is older, I don't want to see young Cam. I want to see what I always wanted to see with Cam, an old man leading us to victory using his experience. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If we do sign him he will win some games and it will just keep our Superbowl hopes pushed back 5 or 6 more years.

Honestly it's the wrong move if you're thinking long term and championship.

Cam doesn't have the ability to win a Superbowl. 

Oh well you got your wish for a feel good dopamine rush. 

Or maybe he signs and we lose just as many as we would have with PJ and shook Sam.  But to think we get Cam back in the building after his unceremonious dumping?  What's not to enjoy here?  You think we roll with PJ and finish 5-12 that we're automatically on a better trajectory long term?  We don't hardly even have any draft picks next year anyway, so gimme QB1 and let's just see what happens.

• Pie 1

This is going to have to be sold as a Tepper overruling Matt Rhule. The idea would be to maintain order, save face and not seem as if he is not confident in his decision making. If people in the locker room start questioning the Head Coach then he is done.

Edited by Monrowed
  • Beer 1